Mirror, Mirror

mistermonday

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A black swan - deep in reflection. Tonemapped with OPE
Mirror_Mirror_800x533.jpg

For those who can not see the image inline, the direct link to the Gallery is here:
Mirror_Mirror_800x533 - The Photo Forum Photo Gallery
Regards, Murray

I don't really understand how this is HDR... Is shooting an animal even possible in HDR?

I want to see it in B&W......=)

I don't really understand how this is HDR... Is shooting an animal even possible in HDR?
Actually this was a single image on which I used Photoengine as a raw processor. It achieved results that were not possible with Adobe Camera RAW.
As for shooting animals in HDR: there is no such thing as "shooting in HDR". One captures the High Dynamic Range of a scene using bracketed exposures and HDR software to merge those exposures into a 32 bit image. The scenes can include include any objects including animals.
Regards, Murray

Hi Bynx, you never see them for some reason and it is for that reason that I include the direct link to the image in the photo gallery - just for you.;)

Actually this was a single image on which I used Photoengine as a raw processor.

That .. contradicts with this..

One captures the High Dynamic Range of a scene using bracketed exposures

You can do similar in Adobe Camera RAW btw... in Lightroom, you boost fill and recovery sliders then readjust with contrast and brightness. Of course neither of these actual involve tone mapping.

Mishele, try Ctrl+Shift+U;). Actually I did try processing the image for B&W. The swan comes out nicely black and the rest of the scene is a lot of gray with a few other areas in the lower and upper quadrants. I don't particularly think this image lends itself to B&W but then again B&W has not been my area of exploration for these types of images.
Regards, Murray

Actually this was a single image on which I used Photoengine as a raw processor.

That .. contradicts with this..

One captures the High Dynamic Range of a scene using bracketed exposures

You can do similar in Adobe Camera RAW btw... in Lightroom, you boost fill and recovery sliders then readjust with contrast and brightness. Of course neither of these actual involve tone mapping.

There was no contradiction because I never said that the posted image was a HDR image. I was demonstrating an example of the use of HDR s/w as a RAW processor. The 2nd paragraph was to provide some clarification to shootermcgavon regarding HDR.

As for your comment about ACR and Lightroom, I am very familiar with the technique which actaully uses the Fill and Black sliders to boost contrast. You can not achieve the same results. If you have worked with OPE, and some other HDR apps, you may know that they handle contrast at the global, local, and micro levels at variable radii. ACR and Lightroom do not and they can't come close to the same results.
Regards, Murray

Most reactions

New Topics

Back