Misaligned containers

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm not sure what these containers were (or if they were containers at all!), but the light hitting the scene made it look painterly so I shot it. This was inside a barn in southern Manitoba.

p371951765-4.jpg

EDIT: this image is a few months old and now I'm not sure about the original composition. Here's a crop I've just done (hosted in Photobucket, which has altered the look – I didn't reprocess anything):

Misaligned2012.jpg

Thanks for looking.

I can see why you took this shot, but it isn't really working for me. There's not enough of interest in either the subject or the composition to draw me in. I looks a little soft as well, but the monitor I'm using is not too great.

Thanks for your comments. I can understand this not being too interesting to everyone – or maybe even anyone other than myself. I do like it quite a bit so I decided to share.

In terms of sharpness, it looks great on my monitor so I assume it's just yours. That being said, the cropped image (hosted in Photobucket) does look softer than the first one.

Definitely not soft. I wasn't overwhelmed by the shot, but I did like it.

Not crazy about it either. I like the containers a lot, but the floor and the wall in the background are distracting to me. You cropped a little tighter on top, so maybe you're heading in that direction as well. I'd crop tighter on both the top and bottom and also darken the floor, and even bring out just a bit more detail in the last container, but that's me and it's not my image:)

The monitor I was using was 1024 x 768 and the resizing of the photo softened it.
It's sharper on a higher res screen.

I think the composition needs a bit of work. I would like to see the entirety of the first barrel and the door (assuming that that is what it is) not so centered within the frame. An perhaps a smaller aperature to increase detail. I feel like the current aperature is drawing my attention to the opened door, but the door in itself is kind sort of boring (maybe because it so centered).

I like the colors, quite Flemish.

Most reactions

Back