mission district san fransico pics C&C

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
below are a few pics I took yesterday when i was in the mission district of san fransico..enjoy! C&C welcome!

1)
3728208280_bc35757ea7.jpg

2)
3728176270_2afbde9884.jpg

3)
3727043345_9c85caf591.jpg

4)
3727807874_0895e1cd03.jpg

All great colors. I'm from the bay area too and love to walk around the city and snap away.

My favorite has to be #2 - Nice piece who ever hit that up-it's so good I can't even read that burner next to the skeleton on the right side. Where in the mission is that? That would be a great location for an urban shoot.

camz
http://simplydashy.blogspot.com

All great colors. I'm from the bay area too and love to walk around the city and snap away.

My favorite has to be #2 - Nice piece who ever hit that up-it's so good I can't even read that burner next to the skeleton on the right side. Where in the mission is that? That would be a great location for an urban shoot.

camz
http://simplydashy.blogspot.com

its on 224th street couple block down from mission st. its def. the best place to get urban shots..yesterday i took about 100 different shots of murals/graffiti art..its the best place in the city for urban shots!!!!!!!:mrgreen:

right on! i'll definetely check that out. a good 15 years ago during high school there was this place in the city for legal street painting ;) that my buddies use to go and hit up and i would take the pictures for the art. I think it was called Pscyho City. Not sure if it's still around.

The oakland tracks are good for urban shoots to but i think it just get's a little too dangerous to bring clients.

camz
Simply Dashy Photography

Hi DAK,
I especially like the first and the last ones. The texture of the wall makes it more interesting than just a reproduction of a painting. I wonder if including some of the architectural elements around would have added to the depth and create more of an environment.
Thanks!

right on! i'll definetely check that out. a good 15 years ago during high school there was this place in the city for legal street painting ;) that my buddies use to go and hit up and i would take the pictures for the art. I think it was called Pscyho City. Not sure if it's still around.

The oakland tracks are good for urban shoots to but i think it just get's a little too dangerous to bring clients.

camz
Simply Dashy Photography

right on..i was thinkin bout goin to oakland for sum good urban shots:thumbup:

anymore C&C?
Why? None of it is your art work, right?

Well,

I think that it's really cool to document others work. There are many things that photographers photo w/out realizing it was somebody else artwork, e.g., buildings, bridges, sculptures, water fountains, etc.

If you wish to continue to shoot street art because you really like it, I suggest you find a way to present it in a new way. For example, use frames (photoshop, paint shop pro, etc.), incorporate real ppl., try and capture the pulse of the community, or give a taste of the bldg--heck, maybe try some HDR. TBH, I suspect many of those street artist would love to see their work in print, i.e., postcards, posters, album covers--the list goes on.

Personally I like the photos, but think they just need some presentation forethought.

have a good one
3Eo

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking pictures of graffiti/urban art, but they're cropped so tightly that the photography itself isn't that interesting. It's like making a photocopy of the Mona Lisa and asking for a C&C. There's not much to say unless you want a C&C of the Mona Lisa itself.

As the three-eyed-otter said, keep photographing graffiti, but focus on giving the graffiti an interesting context (That is, the graffiti can still be the point of interest, but also include other things in the scene). That way it'll be less about the graffiti itself and more about the photography and your own creativity.

Yeah, I don't think there's anything wrong with taking pictures of graffiti/urban art, but they're cropped so tightly that the photography itself isn't that interesting. It's like making a photocopy of the Mona Lisa and asking for a C&C. There's not much to say unless you want a C&C of the Mona Lisa itself.

As the three-eyed-otter said, keep photographing graffiti, but focus on giving the graffiti an interesting context (That is, the graffiti can still be the point of interest, but also include other things in the scene). That way it'll be less about the graffiti itself and more about the photography and your own creativity.

ok thansk for the advice guys!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back