MLB Baseball - Feedback

jojotech

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this picture recently on my visit to a Detroit Tigers game. I thought the perspective of having the 3rd baseline in their made it nice. Any feedback would be helpful as i'm a newbie and looking for some info. It was quite a distance away so take that into account.

$IMG_1043.jpg

Canon EOS Rebel T3i
ISO 400
250mm
0EV
f/5.6
1/2000

Thanks,

Jojo

I do like the third base line in there. I wish the ball were a bit closer to the batter or that there was some more action going on. I'd try to get the pitcher right as he lets go of the ball so that it is still in frame, or in this case, I would have tried to get the player's bat making contact with the ball +- a millisecond. I do notice some CA on the player. If this was the 55-250 kit, I wouldn't have shot it wide open. You can also try getting rid of the CA in post. I do like your picture overall though. Keep at it!

Thanks Espike. I wish the ball was closer too. I guess when you are way out in left field it's hard to get the perfect shot. lol I've got some more pics that have different angles, but this one appealed to me for some reason. I appreciate the feedback and tips. :)

Hmm... probably not an option but ground level always helps with sports photos; and what Espike said, just slightly off on the timing. Try to get the focus a bit more on the batter as well.. not so much background.. like the guys sitting and the dugout. It just takes away from what you're actually taking a picture OF :)

Annnnnd just for my own sake cause I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive; MLB Baseball is redundant (Major League Baseball Baseball) :p
But don't mind me :) I just had to say it!

Annnnnd just for my own sake cause I'm a bit of an obsessive compulsive; MLB Baseball is redundant (Major League Baseball Baseball) :p
But don't mind me :) I just had to say it!

I didn't want to say it, but I too cringed when I read that!

Thanks Oscar for the advice. Yeah unfortunately I was sitting way out in left field so it was hard to get a close up shot. And about the redundancy, thanks as I read it now it is pretty bad sorry. Wasn't paying attention when I wrote it.

Thanks for the tips and hope to improve.

Jojo

I think you need the third baseman in there, otherwise it's just a shot of the batter from too far away. Perhaps in the late innings when he creeps over to his right to guard the line ...

Personally I would crop all the people out of the background, the crop line would be right at the edge of the grass. I think it would be a much better looking image. It's a good image, but would look cleaner without the background.

Most reactions

Back