mmmmmmmmm..... brisket.....

leeroix

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
just thought i'd share a 13lb brisket i smoked over the Super Bowl weekend... 18hrs total, on the weber smokey mountain... turned out better than awesome :D

brisket by keips66, on Flickr
^ this made me happy - as did the look on all my friends faces when the niners lost and they were brought to tears...

nice.. going to be smoking one for me this coming weekend! I think a bit more DOF would have been nice.. I hate blurry food! lol!

Oh my, that looks divine!
I tried cooking my first brisket a while back, did it in the oven and it was pretty good. Can't wait to try one in the smoker in the spring! (I'll do steaks in the winter but I'm not up for even remotely close to 18 hours lol)

i knew someone would comment on the DOF! hahaha i was drinking beer at the time. don't underestimate the amount of beer you need to properly cook a brisket!!!

yeah i started the grill at 6pm meat went on at 7... i would recommend the iGrill thermometer - pretty sweet device that allows you to monitor your meat and ambient air temps remotely from your phone.

Thanks for the thermometer suggestion, looked them up and will definitely get one come spring :)

That's just wrong........... not sharing the tasty morsel with me.

Most reactions

Back