Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
8597555871_ba1f62624b_k.jpg

8597556493_259dc9d5d3_k.jpg

8598658532_7d8ce56d45_k.jpg

8597558059_32e5b25180_k.jpg

8572084360_728b0b4bb2_k.jpg

BIG, high-rez web pics!!! Nifty Such amazing country there. Thanks for posting these.

I love running my motorcycles through there!
bigthumb.gif

Thanks. Anything you would change, any mis-steps on my part? I have only been taking pics for a short time and this was my first trip with the right tools for it... so any and all input is appreciated. Still trying to pick up as much as I can.

You have some good ideas and you're looking for light, which is important. Learning post processing techniques can elevate your images, not really your photography but your images. Specifically color balance and "painting." In #1 you could use some cropping. I think the subject you were looking to emphasize is the light and orange rocks. But the subject is kind of lost in the wide angle.

#2 again you're trying to take in the whole scene. Are you featuring the light or the distant mountains? Light is always the most interesting element. You could use a telephoto there to extract some textures and shapes.

#3 is a classically photographed spot. I haven't photographed it. But my critique would be you don't need the blue sky on top. If something doesn't add to the photo, it detracts, and the sky doesn't add. Feature the light bouncing around the arch.

#4 some landscape features naturally have halos but in this case it looks like you tried to increase exposure in the rocks in post. There's no substitute for correct exposure at capture.

Thanks hirejn,

#4... or i think you meant #5 is just me being lazy and posting when the image isnt completely post processed. I have the images stacked (from bracketing) and did a quick once over with the mask but nothing beyond that so... the halos. I'd also like the lighten up the foreground to bring out the rocks leading to the main subject.

#2 was taken with an 85mm which is the longest focal length lens I have. I have a tokina 16-28mm 2.8, and a canon 85mm 1.8. I telephoto like the canon 70-200 2.8 is the next on the list. And probably the 50 1.4 either before or after that. I missed a lot of shots by not having some additional length for sure. Just got the wife to agree to a 5d mark ii, tripod, ballhead, CS6 and the rest of the gear so it may be a few months.

Most reactions

Back