Model Mayhem/Pin up/Halloween/NSFW/CC please!

SabrinaO

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this was my first model mayhem shoot and i was nervous because i didn't want her to know how inexperienced I am. Well.. come to find out she was nervous too.. even though shes been on hundreds of shoots :lol: Anyways please CC. I think I FINALLY got the hang of shooting on black backgrounds but I didn't want these super black because I don't have a hairlight.

isisfsb0223.jpg

isisfb0524.jpg

isisfb0086.jpg

isisfb0101.jpg

isisfb0493.jpg

isisfb0411.jpg

isisfb0399.jpg

isisfb0502.jpg

Love the purple backdrop!

*moving to People Gallery*
Remember Beyond the Basics is not a gallery subsection on the site ;)

Well done Sabrina. A lot of positive things going on with these photos. Now get yourself a couple more lights so that you can start to experiment with hair/accent/kicker/rim lighting.

Love the pose in number 8. All are nice, but there is something about number 8 that makes it difficult to look away.

Very nice indeed! This shoot turned out very nice.

Thanks for sharing!

WOW... thanks all! I appreciate your comments! Big Mike.. I bought a shoe attachment for my sb600 to work with my alien bees. So now ill have a hairlight. I can't wait for it to get here! :D

WOW... thanks all! I appreciate your comments! Big Mike.. I bought a shoe attachment for my sb600 to work with my alien bees. So now ill have a hairlight. I can't wait for it to get here! :D

Get yourself some cinefoil and make a snoot for your sb600, Nice shots the black background will be much better with a light from behind for hair or rim light

Get yourself some cinefoil and make a snoot for your sb600, Nice shots the black background will be much better with a light from behind for hair or rim light

I made a grid snoot with black straws a long time ago. What is cinefoil? I love diy projects.

I made a grid snoot with black straws a long time ago. What is cinefoil? I love diy projects.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most of the posing is pretty bad. Did you just let her do her thing or did you direct her?

A plus sized model should never be photographed with her shoulders square to the camera...ever.

It's a little sad to see the comments that you got on this thread. It's like we have a bunch of 16 year old boys on this forum.

The lighting is very flat and didn't really help out your subject. Better use of light direction and shadows would have helped present your model in a better light. The posing really needs to be better directed.

Most of the posing is pretty bad. Did you just let her do her thing or did you direct her?

A plus sized model should never be photographed with her shoulders square to the camera...ever.

It's a little sad to see the comments that you got on this thread. It's like we have a bunch of 16 year old boys on this forum.

The lighting is very flat and didn't really help out your subject. Better use of light direction and shadows would have helped present your model in a better light. The posing really needs to be better directed.

:sexywink:

Most reactions

Back