Model Mayhem, Yay or Nay?

kasperjd4

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Gainesville, St. Augustine & Jacksonville Florida
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did a few photo shoots over the last week and one of the models asked if I was on Model Mayhem, I've never heard of it before so I looked it up and was thinking of making an account. Before I do I was wondering if this is something you guys have had experience with? Good experiences? Bad Experiences? Is it only for portfolio building?

Please share what you think of it!

Well, it is free. Nothing to lose?

Well, it is free.

Not if you pick a model that wants to be paid. :lol:

OP, everything in life has good sides and bad ones. The good side here is the cost as pointed out by Schwetty. The bad side is that you are dealing with, judging from the photos, a lot of would be models with no experience so that you need to know how to direct them. Other than that, yes you can use the shot for paid work. Just make sure you get the right model release signed.

The site is alright. I've been a member on there for a while and it's been great for finding models. Though as c.cloudwalker has said you have to sift through a lot of people before you can usually find what you need.

Meh.

Models without too much experience that are willing to do TPF tend to flake. I ended up with 2 models out of 10 that were supposed to show up when the DC/Baltimore/NoVa group managed to get a baseball stadium for the day. Talk about soured on that experience.

Meh.

Models without too much experience that are willing to do TPF tend to flake. I ended up with 2 models out of 10 that were supposed to show up when the DC/Baltimore/NoVa group managed to get a baseball stadium for the day. Talk about soured on that experience.

Wow, that would be horrid.

I guess since it's free like you guys said I'll make an account and try to sift through the bad. If it doesn't work out then at least I'm not loosing anything.

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I appreciate it.

It's fine. You need to pay attention to flakiness but it's a good resource.

Most reactions

Back