Mods posting

Human nature says differently. If you let one person draw on the walls, others will follow. I'd like to know your reasoning for DELIBERATELY not moving a file you've been notified about that's in the wrong place.

Im sorry but no.. she doesn't need to give ANY reason. You are also going on the basis that if a person bothers to read someone elses post that is in the wrong section, that they will feel compelled to write one of the own and post it in the same section. I really dont think this happens, people generally read the title of the section before they need to make a post... they dont start off by reading everyone elses even if they are Irrelavant to them. (i guess one or too might but a few fish out the net is no bother to anyone... well it shouldnt be.)

I have been on the internet since before it had images. I've been admin, system admin, global mod, mod, and member. If I had a nickel for everytime a mod issue came up that the "we have lives" card came up, I'd be able to buy Bill Gates' summer home. Yes, you do have lives. But, paid or not, you also took on a RESPONSIBILITY to make this forum the best it can be. If that is too much to handle, perhaps more mods are needed, or a change in structure. But to say that moving a thread is "not your job" is a cop-out. I'm a nuclear med tech, but if I see a patient lost in the hallway, I will show him the way to his destination. Maybe I should just let him find it himself. After all, it's not my job...

Im sorry but i dont like your tone here. What you think are 'excuses' about having other things to do in life are in fact valid reasons, dont dismiss them, you have no idea about the personal lives of the mods and you also have no right to question them.

Chase owns this forum.. he chose us as his mod team... he likes us.. he trusts us and has no problem with the job we do and how we do it.

Im sorry but no.. she doesn't need to give ANY reason.

Actually, I think she does. She brought it up, so she needs to explain what she meant by it, otherwise it's just her flaunting that she could do whatever the heck she wanted. Two adults discussing an issue shouldn't be a "nope, sorry...I don't have to explain myself." To do so makes this more like the playground she so aptly said it wasn't.

You are also going on the basis that if a person bothers to read someone elses post that is in the wrong section, that they will feel compelled to write one of the own and post it in the same section.

I've seen it happen HERE. For a while, in the Professional Gallery, there became one after another after another of non-photo posts. Once those got moved, it stopped.

Im sorry but i dont like your tone here. What you think are 'excuses' about having other things to do in life are in fact valid reasons, dont dismiss them, you have no idea about the personal lives of the mods and you also have no right to question them.

Actually, what I said was, "If that is too much to handle, perhaps more mods are needed, or a change in structure." I never disagreed about mods having their own personal lives. You are reading that into it yourself.

Chase owns this forum.. he chose us as his mod team... he likes us.. he trusts us and has no problem with the job we do and how we do it.

I'm sure Chase trusts you. Anyone who hires a mod they don't trust is just asking for disaster. It would be like giving your credit card number to a stranger.

I find it incredibly funny how a simple observation can get the hackles up of so many.

Bloody hell. It's only threads in the wrong section. Yes it's annoying when you KNOW someone has posted a thread in the wrong forum because they know it'll get more views and probably a quicker answer. But it's not going to kill your bloody bunnies. You're not going to get gout, rabies or a penile dysfunction which means it'll fall off.

It's not the end of the world!

Bloody hell. It's only threads in the wrong section. Yes it's annoying when you KNOW someone has posted a thread in the wrong forum because they know it'll get more views and probably a quicker answer. But it's not going to kill your bloody bunnies. You're not going to get gout, rabies or a penile dysfunction which means it'll fall off.

It's not the end of the world!

Are you sure? Have you read the fine print fully? :lmao:

I find it incredibly funny how a simple observation can get the hackles up of so many.

yes you made a simple observation, and both Big Mike and Lafoto gave you a simple answer.
There is no need for more discussion about the mod team, we decide if the forum needs more mods or if we need a change in structure. If we feel we do we implement it. Thank you for your concearns and enjoy tpf.

I do wish people would remember that this is only the Internet and not real life.
What happens here is far less important than breaking wind.

In this life nothing is exactly how we want it to be. We have to accept that everyone else has different ideas about how things should be and how they should be run and the result ends up as a consensus. So as things do not change to what we want just because we want them to we have two choices: either make allowances or walk. It is up to the individual to decide what they want to do.
There are things about this Forum (and people who use it) that I don't particularly care for - and I have seen a lot more of this place than most. But there are things about it (and members) that I like - and these more than outweigh any annoyances.

Most reactions

Back