Molesting the Everglades

molested_cow

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
img24.photobucket.com
Untitled-351.jpg

This was taken with my 50mm. You can imagine how close/stupid I was to this guy. Actually, there weren't a lot of gators out that day, I finally spotted one approaching the shore towards me. The shore was along the broad walk and sheltered by bushes. I quickly tucked my head into the bush and waited for the gator to climb onto the shore.

As soon as the gator climbed up and saw me pointing my camera at him, he was like "WTF, I'm outta here" and retreated back into the water.

Untitled-376.jpg

I molested this fellow as well, pushing my lens closer and closer and he kept walking away. I know, it's(me) annoying!

010.jpg

No this isn't me, but that's what I did.

014.jpg

061.jpg

064.jpg

070_1.jpg

some nice shots!

a bit more DOF on the gator nose would be good but i could understand not being too vigilant of that considering how close to it you must have been. lol

i really like the shot of the Cormorants and the last shot as well.

How come those cormorants are sooo tame? They don't move an inch, even with those lenses molesting them! Very nice photo of those two! Though I'd probably think about a different crop...

WOW on the gator pic. And when I say "Wow!" I mean "Wow!" as in "WOW!"

How come those cormorants are sooo tame? They don't move an inch, even with those lenses molesting them! Very nice photo of those two! Though I'd probably think about a different crop...

WOW on the gator pic. And when I say "Wow!" I mean "Wow!" as in "WOW!"

Nice set!

Those birds have seen so many tourist they are not even phased!!!!!...I remember my trip recently and noticed the same thing with several types of water birds!

some great shots you have there. Really close to the cormorants! Definately some lucky and awesome shots.

Regards,
Jake

Yeap those birds just stand around to sun bath in the late afternoon. I think there are many reasons why a lot of wild life here are not human-shy. First of all, they see humans a lot and secondly, humans don't molest them like I did for the most part...... wait, or are they just used to it?

I don't know.

Here's another bird in hunting mode. I wasn't that close since I was using my 70-300, but usually when an animal is in hunting mode, it would want to be left alone as much as possible.

Untitled-356.jpg

Here are more shots of that gator. Yes I held my position for more shots. It's a MF lens, so I didn't just click and run away!

Untitled-360.jpg

Untitled-359.jpg

Untitled-350.jpg

As for the DOF, I didn't have much of a choice. I was using ISO100 negatives and taking the photo in the shade, I had to crank my aperture way up for a steady shot.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back