Molli

dab_20

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few of my dog. I took a lot of action photos, like #3. I can't figure out why they all turned out blurry. I had it set on action, which automatically sets the shutter speed to freeze action, and yet they came out blurry. Any ideas?

P3110734.jpg

P3110732.jpg

P3110727.jpg

P3110716.jpg

You have an adorable doggy!!! I love the last photo! It's awesome. Again I'm new so I am only using you to pracitce with here - lol. I hope you dont mind. I think no matter what setting you use it'll be blurry sometimes if the subject is moving quick I can't help you there yet. But I did that blur thing again and I cropped it so the puppy isnt right in the middle. I love that dog!
P3110727.jpg

Thanks for the reply. I like the border and the crop looks nice. I wish I had a photo editing software.

i like the last one the most, really cute dog too!

There are three possible reasons why pictures are blurry:
1) subject is moving too fast for the shutter to capture
2) the camera is shaking too much and the shutter speed can't compensate
or
3) the focus is off.

Exposure Time: 0.0040 s (1/250)
Aperture: f/4.0
ISO equiv: 100
White Balance: Auto
Metering Mode: Matrix
Exposure: Creative Program (based towards depth of field)

Your f stop is f4 so your depth of field is pretty shallow. The problem is probably that the subject is moving so fast that your autofocus can't react in time and the dog is running right out of the area that is in focus.

So you need more speed, deeper depth of field (meaning larger f number) and/or more sensitive sensor (iso). You need to read a little bit in your manual or other books to learn how to handle this situation.

these are really nice. the blur is acceptable with action photos. the last one great!

How cute Dab. I love your dog. The fourth shot is just too adorable! It would look really cute in B&W.

Awww, what an adorable puppy! The last two are definitely my favorites!

By the way, I sharpened the third one (still not perfect, but I think it looks a lot better), and I took the fourth one into Photoshop and made it grayscale + duotone as was suggested above. Hope you like them. :)

Attachments

• $P3110727.jpg
    $P3110727.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 98
  • $P3110716.jpg
    $P3110716.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 121

Most reactions

Back