Moment lenses for phones

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My buddy picked up the wide angle lens for his Pixel 2 and he really likes it. The great thing about them is that they don't clip on the phone. You get a phone case for your specific phone and the lens mounts on the case.
I am looking at possibly getting the macro lens. Both macro and wide are suppose to be excellent but the telephoto lens is not that great.

Shop Moment Gear - Phone Lenses, Cases, and Accessories | Moment

Those are interesting. Thanks for sharing.

I watched their video on the telephoto, and not sure I’d be interested in a 2x lens. It didn’t look all that different, so not enough for me, haha.

The macro looks pretty neat, as well as the wide angle and super fish....

I actually like the design of the cases, as well.

Keep us posted if you buy any.. I’m interested in IQ vs cost. Two or three of these and I’d almost consider a used lens for my EM1... or a used EM10 or Pen body

I have the the tele, wide and macro they are all great lenses.

A few things you should know about the moment macro is that that the depth of field is very shallow and you really should use the opaque hood not only to defuse light but because placing objects at the end of the hood will place them in the in the slim area that the lens focus on. It can ONLY be used to photograph things at distance, it is not like a DSLR macro lens that can also be used to photograph things that are not close up.

2EE1D115-38E1-4EAC-86BA-816210A53DE9.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0395.jpg
IMG_0068.jpg

A few things you should know about the moment macro is that that the depth of field is very shallow and you really should use the opaque hood not only to defuse light but because placing objects at the end of the hood will place them in the in the slim area that the lens focus on. It can ONLY be used to photograph things at distance, it is not like a DSLR macro lens that can also be used to photograph things that are not close up.
Very useful information in here, had no idea it was a fixed focus point. Do you have any images you could post of the tele or wide angle? Do you have any similar comments on limitations of these lenses?

Do you have any images you could post of the tele or wide angle?

I have a bunch but I don't remember what images were taken with what lens or without. The only reason i could grab some from the macro lens is because of the limits I mentioned.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back