DeadEye

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deadeyestudio.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The daily pearls of a Merchant Marine, Many hours of boredom offset by moments of sheer terror.
This is one of the most dangerous jobs anyone can imagine!
Here we have a huge barge being towed by tug approaching its port of call, now the tow must be released from its bridal pennant and moved into push gear.
1. Barge in Tow
bargeintow.jpg

2. Tow cable to pennant ( thousands of tons weight could be exerted
here if not properly executed)
pennant.jpg

3. First remove the nut from shackle pin
nutpennant.jpg

4.Pull Pin
pullpin.jpg

5. Pull pin2
pullpin2.jpg

6. Pull pin3
pullpin3.jpg

7.Pin Pulled ( now pennant only held by stopper line )
pennantreleased.jpg

8. Pennant Released ( Once the stopper line is released the extreme weight of the tow gear will whip it violently over the side so I used burst mode to get the frames) People have lost life and limb when caught by this line.
released2.jpg

9. Release2
released3.jpg

10. Release3
11. Now of the swing to retrieve the Tow ( broadside to the swell gets wet)
wetswing.jpg

12. Brace for your drenching
braceforit.jpg

13. Embrace the cold sea with a smile.
embraceing.jpg

14.Ready the gear
readythegear.jpg

15 .Ready the gear2
rtg2.jpg

16 Ready the gear3
rtg3.jpg

17 Ready the gear4
rtg4.jpg

18 The Bow

bow.jpg

These are all great. :] I deffinitly like the b&w

I like all of these pictures. It makes them even better that you explain whats going on in each of them. #1's my favorite... if you didnt know that it was from a tug it would give it that Holy $H1t impression. Love it-

Verry impressive shots #3 really puts the size of those cables into perspective.

Personally I would have liked to see them smaller on the forum with full size available in a gallery to reduce scrolling but that is just my oppinion. Great shots.

Thanks again for all the comments. Though I have been into photography over 20 years , Its only been an avocation for the past year and most of what I have learned is from right here on this forum from all of you. A special thanks to the moderators that keep this forum running so smooth.

runover.jpg

I will be completely honest, I joined the forums here just to comment your work & also because I love the content on this website.

I must say Deadeye, these pictures are amazing. What type of lens were you using?

I will be completely honest, I joined the forums here just to comment your work & also because I love the content on this website.

I must say Deadeye, these pictures are amazing. What type of lens were you using?

Wow I am very flattered anyone would join to comment on these. Thank You and Welcome to TPF. I used a canon 50 / 1.8 and had to wipe the salt spray from it several times with my T shirt as I shot.

1. My Freind from Novorossiysk applying Russian Justice

novorossiysk%20justice.jpg

2. Frozen to Deck
line.jpg

3. Tools of the trade.

mmc.jpg

4. Nothing but a wall

wall.jpg

Great shots. The scale is mind-blowing.

Most reactions

Back