Monitor Calibration and RAID

Pure

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I just got a new mac for college, and since I'll be editing photos on, I thought it'd be worth the $200 investment to get a monitor calibration system.

I've been hearing really different opinions on the Spyder3Pro or the Spyder3Elite or the Eye-one Display1 or 2.

What do yous think?

After reading quite a few reviews, it seems that the i1Display2 is better than the Spyder system. Does anybody disagree? I'll be calibrating a Macbook Pro 15, the new one.

ALSO.

I'm interested in a extrernal hard drive or RAID array. I'm interested in the Lacie d2 Quadra 500gb [with ridges] or a RAID 1 system for redundancy. Mind you, with the Lacie I would have 2 copies, and with the RAID away, I'd have 3. I'd like not to spend a fortune, but I understand they won't be $50.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:
I'm interested in a extrernal hard drive or RAID array
if you interested in safety, consider Seagate on the first place.

I've been hearing really different opinions on the Spyder3Pro or the Spyder3Elite or the Eye-one Display1 or 2.
fist of all, why not just rent one? ..not like you gonna calibrate every week, right?

anyway, here is a screenshot from Scott Kelby book which i'm reading right now. i believe it should answer your question completely:

As for the monitor Calibration, the Spyder is more cost effective and still works great, I have the Spyer 2 and I have had it for a few years now. I am not sure about the new versions, but I am happy with mine.

One thing to check if it can do dual monitors, at the time I got mine only the top end one could.

It's not that expensive, and it's worth it... the Spyder 3 Elite.

Only a few more bucks than the Pro, and it allows so much more.

I've been reading that the Spyder3 has the crappiest software, is this true?

As for Drobo, I'll have to hold off, I can survive for now with an external.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back