Monument to Failure

abraxas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
460-r4977.jpg

I'm looking for something to criticise in this one and failing miserably. The only thing I can think is that it might be worth getting a little closer to the subject, so that we can pick up in the texture of the old wood, but to do that means losing something else. Nice piece of work I think.

What makes this image great to me is the wonderful contrast of late day golden sunlight and the crystal clear blue sky. That coupled with streaks of tall grass in the foregound give it a very nice composition.

Very good job capturing this particular view!

I like the transition of colors from from to back...oh, and the shadows on the little outhouse. Well done.

taken at the right time of day, I like the composition with all the elements coming together to create the title. I commented on another photo today that had a 50-50 horizon and this one also works due to the foreground interest leading into the scene.

I love it. It reminds me of the Australian outback, which is an area I love to visit. Great colours and textures and wonderful lighting.

Thank you everybody. This was an unplanned stop as I drove by the dirt road turnoff hurrying to another spot for sunset. I couldn't pickup what I wanted without the 50-50 horizon so I did the best I could.

Very strange, it seems that I am the only person that can't see the photo?!

EDIT: I have even tried using internet explorer instead of my usual firefox and still nothing is showing up, I'm stumped.

Very strange, it seems that I am the only person that can't see the photo?!

EDIT: I have even tried using internet explorer instead of my usual firefox and still nothing is showing up, I'm stumped.

Sorry, having problems with the server today- Bell Canada in Victoria is 'fixin' something and has been wreaking havoc with the machines since early this morning.

Thank you everybody. This was an unplanned stop as I drove by the dirt road turnoff hurrying to another spot for sunset. I couldn't pickup what I wanted without the 50-50 horizon so I did the best I could.

In don't mind the 50/50 horizon in this shot. Like the Australian outback this shot has a big sky which adds to a feeling of vastness. Plus the variety of colours in the sky is good/

A beautiful image...love the warm colours, and the title is very apt. Well done!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back