Moon Abstract

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by JoshuaSimPhotography, Oct 3, 2012.

1. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 TPF Noob!

I refrained from saying anything yesterday, and I agree that this image is abstract because it looks nothing like the moon. I don't feel that my comment, which I made in an entirely different thread the other day, was done so in an arrogant manner. I never said my way was the right or only way. Anyone who knows or really wants to learn art & photography should have at least a general understanding of what is, and is not, abstract and or impressionistic style. Its part of learning and I thought that's why people were here.

• Like Like x 1
  2. JoshuaSimPhotography

JoshuaSimPhotography TPF Noob!

I mean...the comment wasn't directly at you. And as I said, i do have an understanding of what abstract is, and I know what abstract is. As i said there are different meanings to the word...
    And I just realised, nobody critiqued my pic :( even after so many posts, i swear this happens every time! Photography is also about sharing, but some people put that second :I

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 TPF Noob!

Well, I didn't say anything about the image because its not really my cup of tea. Maybe a tigher crop would make it more interesting?

4. JoshuaSimPhotography

JoshuaSimPhotography TPF Noob!

Haha, its okay thanks anyway, and also, i do know what you mean about incorrect terminology, breaks my heart every time I see a hipster call their instagram photos 'photography' :p

5. amolitor

amolitor TPF Noob!

Fussing over terminology is the realm of.. well, people unlike me at any rate.

• Like Like x 1
  6. cgipson1

cgipson1 TPF Noob!

Josh, the main reason I didn't C&C your photo is that to me it is incoherent.... to me! :) Like a lot of so called Light Painting and the Steel Wool stuff... it doesn't say anything to me...