What am I doing wrong? I have tried with a canon 300mm 2X TC and mine look nothing like this??????
As easy as it would be to say it's because of the "C" word, it isn't
Hard to say without an example. All I can offer is what I do/did on this shot.
Aperture: f/8
Shutter Speed: 1/160s
ISO: 200 (baseline for this camera)
Exposure Comp: -0.7EV
Use a sturdy tripod.
Achieve focus and then turn AF off.
Use a remote shutter release.
Take a nip from the flask (optional)
Some people say to expose one shot for the sky and then one for the moon, merge in Photoshop. Personally, I expose for the moon, then run up and down the scales with both aperture and shutter speed and sometimes with exposure comp. This image was slightly under exposed, but with LightRoom, I made some adjustments with exposure and added a high pass filter at about 40% opacity. I may fiddle with some of the other shots later on this week to see if I have one that I like better..... probably do, but if not, this one ain't half bad IMO. Also, this image is about a 55% crop from the original.
Just remember that the moon is very bright and moves through the sky, so long shutter speeds will not work.
This one was taken last Sunday at f/4, SS at 1/1000s.
The text was for someone else. :blushing: