Moon hoax?

gl600

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just watched an episode of Mythbusters where they tested some of the theories against NASA's 'claim' that they landed people on the moon. That got me thinking:
Why was this never resolved by taking a powerful telescope and seeing if there is all the stuff left over on the moon by the missions that went there?

Because the hoax is a crazy conspiracy theory that has been dis-proven thousands of times in a thousand different ways and it still lingers because people love conspiracy theories. (ok thousands is an exaggeration)

I thought they did just that as one of the ways to disprove the hoax though? I thought it was on mythbusters. I know there are pictures taken through telescope of footprints and such.

I know there are pictures taken through telescope of footprints and such.
Damn! That's one hell of a telescope!

Lol. Well, I don't think you could see the Nike swoosh in the foot print. More along the lines of a photo analyst pointing out specific things in the photo and describing what they were and how it provided evidence.

Because the hoax is a crazy conspiracy theory that has been dis-proven thousands of times in a thousand different ways and it still lingers because people love conspiracy theories. (ok thousands is an exaggeration)

I thought they did just that as one of the ways to disprove the hoax though? I thought it was on mythbusters. I know there are pictures taken through telescope of footprints and such.

It's 2010 and 99% percent of the Vessels sent into space from NASA dont even come back; and you are telling me that in 1969 when a computer was as big as a house! A man; Walked on the Moon, Talked to the President on the Phone, All this Recorded on Tape....come on man...you cant be THAT naive....

1969Computer4.jpg

PD. Mythbusters WONT disprove this 'myth' cause it will shatter US's Credibility...

I actually don't believe Hollywood was capable of producing such a realistic video of a man walking on the moon. The capacity of actors in that time just wasn't there. :er:

It's 2010 and 99% percent of the Vessels sent into space from NASA dont even come back; and you are telling me that in 1969 when a computer was as big as a house! A man; Walked on the Moon, Talked to the President on the Phone, All this Recorded on Tape....come on man...you cant be THAT naive....

1969Computer4.jpg

PD. Mythbusters WONT disprove this 'myth' cause it will shatter US's Credibility...

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Post of the week.

Had you been born yet, in 1969? Your 99% figure is way off too.

Business computers were as big as a house, but that was mostly data storage and output devices. The actual CPU was about as big as a TV.

The success of a conspiracy is inversely proportional to number of people involved in it. WAY to many people have been involved over the years to make any arguments for a conspiracy tenable.

Last edited:
Quote: Originally Posted by Munky

A little mixed up, eh? Computers were as big as a room in the 1950s, and as big as a frig or desk around 1969. Quad tape was used for videotaping television and portable systems used 2 inch tape.
The technology was somewhat primitive in comparison to today, but it was there and it did work.

skieur

Quote: Originally Posted by Munky

1969Computer4.jpg

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Post of the week.

AMEN

Most reactions

New Topics

Back