jeffashman

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These should look good on Kirk's cell phone... tried to get some decent shots of the moon a few mornings back. The moon was still up, and the sun was coming up. Taken on the Cannon 90D with the Sigma 50-500mm and Sigma 1.4x extender on a tripod with my iPhone as the shutter trigger and live view screen, and my old eyes trying to figure out if the shots were in focus or not.

1 f/9 1/640 ISO 1000 700mm with very light cloud cover
oct21202101 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

2 f/16 1/15 ISO 100 700mm no clouds, purposefully darkened sky
oct21202102a by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

3 f/16 1/15 ISO 100 83mm what it actually looked like with the morning sun on the clouds
oct21202103 by Jeff Ashman, on Flickr

I quite like the first tho I'd add a bit of NR.

Moon shots tend to be a bit samey imo.

Nice shots Jrff

I love daytime moon shots with the color in the sky and these look pretty good. (viewed on my 32" monitor) I'll look at them on my phone later in the day while I'm at work. Like on a small 3" camera screen, everything looks fantastic on a phone as well. Even my oof & dark bird shots. :wink-6:

If only everyone only had phones to view pics with ... this would be a happier world. I say ban all monitors!
:wav: <<< (hands across America) :playful:

I love daytime moon shots with the color in the sky and these look pretty good. (viewed on my 32" monitor) I'll look at them on my phone later in the day while I'm at work. Like on a small 3" camera screen, everything looks fantastic on a phone as well. Even my oof & dark bird shots. :wink-6:

If only everyone only had phones to view pics with ... this would be a happier world. I say ban all monitors!
I'd monitor all bans. Careful what you wish for.😎

Nice mix of sky and cloud colors along with moon detail.

I quite like the first tho I'd add a bit of NR.

Moon shots tend to be a bit samey imo.
Thank you! I tried some NR, but with the light clouds in front of and to the left of the moon, it really looked bad after it was done, so I opted against the NR. I'm actually glad that the moon doesn't change, as that could be quite catastrophic for life on Earth, but I'd love to catch some shots with halos or other atmospheric phenomena, since those would be more interesting.
Nice shots Jrff
Thank you!
-

Very etheric first! :encouragement:
Thank you!

lol Thanks!
Nice mix of sky and cloud colors along with moon detail.
Thank you! I cropped out the roof tops at the bottom to leave just the clouds and the moon on the last one. If I hadn't been "at work" I would have walked down to the lake and tried to catch the moon with the lake and woods. It was a nice looking sky with the clouds reflecting the early morning sun.

Reactions: PJM

Most reactions

Back