Marco

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Moon last night
2745815735_6eeb2250ba_o.jpg

2745815733_f543a134a4_o.jpg

I like. Nice terminator shots. Was this shot through a telescope?

Wonderful detail! For once in my life I would love to even only just SEE the moon thus close-up with my own eyes - take a photo of this kind will have to remain a dream of mine forever!

The amount of detail you got is impressive indeed! Hope to read of your lens/settings. Like Lafoto, getting a shot like this is an elusive dream of mine.

Thanks all :)

I like. Nice terminator shots. Was this shot through a telescope?

Used a Skywatcher (Orion??) 200 Explorer which has a focal length of 1000mm, and a 1DMIIn.
First time I've tried a 1D with this type of shot, normally use my 400D, I figured the larger viewfinder may make the focusing easier.
Also shots were taken with a 2x barlow to double the focal length, but halves the light(I think).
First shot is actually 2 shot stitched together, second is a crop of one of the shots that made up the first.

2000mm iso800 1/200sec

Used a Skywatcher (Orion??) 200 Explorer which has a focal length of 1000mm, and a 1DMIIn.
First time I've tried a 1D with this type of shot, normally use my 400D, I figured the larger viewfinder may make the focusing easier.
Also shots were taken with a 2x barlow to double the focal length, but halves the light(I think).
First shot is actually 2 shot stitched together, second is a crop of one of the shots that made up the first.

Very nice work, especially the stitching. Yes, using a barlow doubles your power & halves your light.

I have a Coulter 10.1" f/4.5 (1154mm FL) Dobsonian, but I haven't gotten around to picking up that T-ring yet. Maybe this will give me the kick.

Again, nice shots.

Very nice work, especially the stitching. Yes, using a barlow doubles your power & halves your light.

I have a Coulter 10.1" f/4.5 (1154mm FL) Dobsonian, but I haven't gotten around to picking up that T-ring yet. Maybe this will give me the kick.

Again, nice shots.

That little $20 adapter pays for itself 10fold with that first shot :)
Why wouldn't you buy it?

Mesmerizing. So, just for the sake of my wandering imagination, how big would one of the largest craters there be in earth terms? One City? Two? How big compared to any given state/province?

That little $20 adapter pays for itself 10fold with that first shot :)
Why wouldn't you buy it?

Absentminded-ness. I keep forgetting to pick one up. The next cool celestial event will come up (comet, eclipse, comet pieces striking Jupiter, etc.) and I will be saying "Crap, crap, crap..." So I am going to buy one RIGHT NOW, after I answer the following question.....

Mesmerizing. So, just for the sake of my wandering imagination, how big would one of the largest craters there be in earth terms? One City? Two? How big compared to any given state/province?

Look at this map:

http://www.oarval.org/MoonMapen.htm

Two of the more famous craters are Tycho (#60) & Copernicus (#74). These are 85km (51miles) and 93km (56 miles) in diameter, resp.
That's almost 2500 square miles inside of Copernicus. Google search says that the greater Houston, TX area is apprx 580 square miles, so you could fit almost 4.5 Houstons into that one crater.

Now I was going to go do something........

:scratch:

Wow, amazing shots!

Most reactions

Back