More a bummer than a blooper............!

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...but in this wilderness I lost my polarizer the other day, and all my searching for it yesterday was in vain... :grumpy:

127088369.jpg

127088372.jpg

127088371.jpg

(I took these yesterday after I had searched the area high and low, with no success ... and as soon as the ground will be unfrozen again, it will be all swampy, too swampy to even set foot in there, and my polarizer will sink into the mud... :cry: )

I took these on the day I lost it:

127088354.jpg

127088355.jpg

Riverbank-impressions, and I KNOW I still had it when I took these.

And in here it might have gone...

127088356.jpg

When I repacked the camera once back at the car it was gone.... whuuaaaaah :cry:

No, I did NOT.
And won't.
Today it snowed all over this (including my polariser). Once we'll get a thaw, it will sink into the mud. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry about the polarizer - but Fate has a good point (well maybe not the alien part :) ) Just think in hundreds of years time, your polarizer could be an artefact found in an archeological dig! Their understanding of our age will be increased because of it!!

No kidding, my mother always says she wants to be buried and not cremated because she wants archeologists to be able to find out things about us from her :shock: :)

Fate said:
Maybe one day..... like 1000 years from now some alien will stumble accross it :D Damn, i gota stop watching x-files

If it were the X-Files, wouldn't be more likely that the aliens would ahve discovered the polarizer 1000 years AGO in that weird time distortion kind of thing?

Corinna, I'm sorry to hear about the filter, but you still take good shots, and you can head over to B&H when you're in NYC and pick up a new one!

puzzle said:
Sorry about the polarizer - but Fate has a good point (well maybe not the alien part :) ) Just think in hundreds of years time, your polarizer could be an artefact found in an archeological dig! Their understanding of our age will be increased because of it!!

I think that'll make them super confused!! Why would there be a polarizing filter in the middle of a swampy area!

:hail::hail::hail:

jocose said:
...you can head over to B&H when you're in NYC and pick up a new one!

That is true. (Thanks for the "good pictures" remark, by the way, I feel sooooo bad about my own photography, actually, yet again...). And the best thing will be: I'll be there with my husband (and his purse) by my side... :biggrin:

(Only does he still not know that I lost it. Likewise he still does not know that I once got my car thoroughly stuck in a quagmire in the woods and needed the help of a farmer's tractor to get me out from there, so please no one ever mention this when we meet, eh!?)

Oh... Sad you lost your polarizer... :(

But you took amazing shots!!
I absolutely LOVE this one....

127088355.jpg

:hail: Oh mighty great LaPhoto one... :mrgreen:

BubblePixel, you like that little group of trees on the river banks? Thank you.
I have sad news for you: this morning all I saw were stumps and felled trees in their place... :(
Someone's out and about cleaning up the wilderness on the river banks, and these seemed to ... be ... in ... the ... way :cry: ...

OMG LaPhoto... That's awfull!!! :cry:
Cut trees always make me sad...
Good thing you were able to immortalize them! :hug

This is a dumb qustion, I know, but may I ask what a polorizer is? I'm pretty new to this whole thing. But, I gather that is is pretty importat, and don't feel bad, I've lost tons stuff that I really didn't want to loose out in the woods.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back