More B+Ws taken with the Leica M5 (7 pics)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a couple of pics of the second roll of film (again Ilford HP5) taken with my Dad's Leica. I felt a teensy-beensy bit better about using it at the time.

I took these on the same day as I took the digital ones of this thread here: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40341

Film2_09_Eisfluss.jpg

This was to see how the camera would react to a bit of direct sunlight in the corner of the frame, how much lens flare I would get and all this - I don't think I'm going to try this too often...

Film2_10_Eiswiese.jpg

I quite deliberately left the photos untouched (other than changing their mode into "grayscale", since my scanner is unable to tell b+w pics from colour and scans EVERYTHING as RGB-files (!) and tweaking the curves a bit to get closer to what the prints show me), so if I crooked a horizon, I left it crooked for you to see what I did wrong. Brave, eh? I could have cheated, but I didn't ;). Plus I am not really sure this REALLY is crooked - must go back there and check of not the leaning trees on the right might give the impression and the field is sloping just this bit?

Film2_11_Wmme.jpg

Film2_12_Wmme.jpg

Which of these two (3+4) do you prefer? I chose the "portrait style" to include the reflections (and did not hold the camera straight, I can see that :greenpbl: ), and the landscape ... hmph, don't remember why. Did it feel better? Don't know...

Film2_13_Wmme.jpg

Film2_14_Knorre-Bume.jpg

Film2_15_Knorre-Bume.jpg

Most of the trees in 6 and 7 have fallen victim to the chain saw of late - for some reason there have been workers on the banks of the river cutting and pruning a lot of what has grown into a total jungle there in the past couple of days.

Oops. Just today erased the pics from the Photoshop account, so the old thread where I was presenting all the cameras that my sister and I dug out last year in October will only sport red x's now... :( Might build myself a sig with the cameras I use to be seen, though. Let me think about it...

Could it be these are being overlooked. Maybe? ;)

These are great Corinna. I love how the black and whites make the winter look. The Leica... the feeling that it gives to pictures is what makes it so worth the money they ask for it. Great series.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back