more experimenting and fun

nolanator

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
this first shot is my first attempt at bypassing all of the "auto" features and manually making the adjustments.\
IMG_4010.jpg

IMG_4015.jpg

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4035.jpg

IMG_4036.jpg

again all photos taken with the rebel xs/1000d and 18-55mm lens
C&C appreciated and thanks for looking -Ryan

I suspect the lack of replies may be because there is not a whole lot to say about the photos? yes they are technically sound but once you look past this aspect, they are standard photos of standard stuff. what is it that you really hope to achieve with photography? what do you like about photography? start focusing on these things to develop a style all your own. otherwise what are you doing really? just taking snaps for the sake of it?

dont stop, but do try to think about what you are shooting.
-J

gosh i want some pho now =D

Test shots.

...im not trying to accomplish anything....

Exactly.
Post pics where you are trying to accomplish something and I and others will be happy to give C&C.

i guess i put off the wrong message by saying im not trying to accomplish anything with the shots. what i did was search for shots on here and try to mimic some of their characteristics. i was at a PHO restaurant and just made due with everything as it was already in place. i'm happy with how it turned out and even happier that i am learning how to rely more on myself and less on automatic settings

i'm happy with how it turned out and even happier that i am learning how to rely more on myself and less on automatic settings
Exactly...you're taking creative control of your camera when you choose the exposure settings instead of letting the camera select the settings for you. You decide on the creatively correct exposure. It's an important step to becoming a photographer instead of just being snapshot taker.

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back