More Fine Art in Motion

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took these two shots this weekend while we were driving up around the peninsula, I might regret wishing summer over so soon but I can't wait for fall colours, there is just too much green out there right now.

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_5582_2-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Mr Rabbit took a wrong turn and we found this awesome swampy area with the dead trees, gotta love happy mistakes!

IMG_5692-2 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Thanks for your thoughts Eddie :)

I like these two. I did not expect this when you say fine art. Did you just move your camera horizontally to achieve this effect ?

I like the second one a bit more than the first, due to the visual variety. The first is interesting, sure, but it's very limited in variety. The first shot has the gray trees, a few silvery limbs, and the tall green grasses, and is quite messy and chaotic. The second one has much more color variation, and has more vertical, white-barked tree elements that are separate, whereas the top is like a brush pile WRT the trees, which have little color variation. The bottom one has a different feel to it, and there's more foreground allotted to the grasses there, so it feels like you're driving by a small meadow, and in the back are these birch trees or whatnot...it has a voyeuristic drive-by feeling, where the top one has the grasses as just filler material between what I am calling "the brush pile". The bottom image feels more painterly, the top one more photographic. They are fairly different. YMMV.

:D Now I know, what it takes, to make this shots. They look much better on the big screen, than on camera's LCD.

Thanks so much all!

Julian, yes it's panning.... from a moving vehicle ;)

Ha T! Yep you know the secrets now lol! ;) and yes, they definitely need to be MUCH larger than on the screen to really "see" what is in them.

Most reactions

Back