More from the seaside

Fingers

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Lots more still to explore where I live, so please forgive me if these shots get very "oh no not again, not another sea side scene".
I cant help myself, for the mo anyhow.

IMG_38281_2.JPG

IMG_38276_5.JPG

I really like how you framed them, but I'm a little concerned with the sharpness of them... they seem a little soft.

I'm a little concerned with the sharpness of them

MMMm, I am too.

I am really struggling to get a "sharp" image no matter what lens I use. I am using a tripod, however those shots where at 29f at 1/20 a little slow but wanted max DOF.

I am convinced my gear is not at fault and it all lies with me. Is there a trick, technique, method, rule, magic spell to get a nice crisp sharp image that does not need to be sharpened to death?

my gear

20d with settings all at factory default.
canon 10-22
canon 18-55
sigma 28-135
sigma 70-300

What would be the best conditions/lens/settings to get the sharpest possible image to do a sort of test exercise? If I can get this right I can move on from there, at the mo I feel I am just trusting to a great deal of luck. Composition Composition Composition, I need some basic rules for the tech side.

I use manual always and use the light meter to get a dead center exposure (unless its dark) I try to gauge what DOF I would like and set the f accordingly. then adjust the shutter to dead center exposure.

Any tips on this would be great.

Most reactions

Back