more geese

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
I decided these were okay to display...

First up is the several-times-a-day trek across the road through the park.
sun_stroll01.jpg

This process is truly comical to watch. A small group of 5 or 6 geese will get right to the edge of the road. Then they check out traffic while chattering amongst themselves. Once they decide to cross, they alert the rest of the herd (about 50 total) and across they go. Makes me wish I had a camcorder. :lol:

Next up is one of a goose checking out the chow as they moseyed toward the road.
grubbin.jpg

And finally, a closeup of one that couldn't decide if I needed to be chased off, or if I was a potential meal.
blu_eyed_cutie.jpg

All pics taken with a Nikon 4500 w/doubler attached. Usually I can get closer, but I didn't have any crackers with me & they were a bit skittish.

Hopefully the slides will turn out okay & I'll have some pics of some Canadas splashing down on the pond.

they look very nice, colors are crisp ... the first one is my favorite ... really captures a moment :D ... cool!!

I like all of them as well. The third is a little soft, wonder if it might look better with some sharpening to make it a little crisp. Not that it's not good, just a thought.

BTW, I like the variety of geese you have. The ones we have or at least those that I see in Toronto are usually with brown feathers; the neck, feet and beak are black.

*QUACK QUACK*

Nice work...one thing though (just to be technical)....the "a" in "Wa" should be an uppercase "A."

What software did you use for the boarders and titles?

-SquirrelNuts

Nice work...one thing though (just to be technical)....the "a" in "Wa" should be an uppercase "A."
Thanks, & yep, it should be a capital letter. The font I was using before looked retarded using two caps & I just got in the habit of not doing it. Now that I've switched I should probably do it correctly. :wink:

I used Photoshop for the borders and titles. The borders are simply an increase in canvas size using the color you want. These I think were 10 pixels blue, 2@10% grey, 10 blue, 2 grey, 100 blue & 2 gray again. Simple to do & I like the look.

frog2- I had the doubler on & it isn't the sharpest hunk of glass in bag, ya know? I actually did sharpen it slightly, any more & it goes to crap pretty quickly. Trade off for using a p&s digicam.

Glad everybody liked them.

Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back