$image-3703253889.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 86
  • $image-3696687578.jpg
    $image-3696687578.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 75
  • $image-2413582172.jpg
    $image-2413582172.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 98
I'm not sure if you're just sharing or you want to hear critique on the pictures?

The HDR images are way over processed.

Wedding rings on brown DEAD leaves? Is that a way of saying the marriage is dead before it started?

No we just had a winter wedding and liked the brown and orange colors that the Texas hill country had at that time.

No we just had a winter wedding and liked the brown and orange colors that the Texas hill country had at that time.

If you have to explain it the photo does not work. A photograph must speak for itself, and a photo of mostly dead leaves and wedding rings does not say happy marriage.

Well at the time it was taken was fall. Shows a change in life (my wife and I) would be going through by getting married. It's quite nice I think. 😃

Well at the time it was taken was fall. Shows a change in life (my wife and I) would be going through by getting married. It's quite nice I think. [emoji2]

You keep trying to explain the picture and give reasons for why it works, I will say what I said before.

If you have to explain it the photo does not work. A photograph must speak for itself

Last edited:
If you have to explain it the photo does not work. A photograph must speak for itself, and a photo of mostly dead leaves and wedding rings does not say happy marriage.[/QUOTE]

The photo works. It has evoked a response

Shouldn't ask for critique. The photo may work for you but it doesn't work. What Light Guru says is exactly correct. That's why guru is in his name.

I think the ring picture is fine because it is a personal picture that has meaning for you and your wife. One comment though. I'd crop off the burnt area at the top. It draws the eyes away from the subject. Also, zoom in a little to make the rings bigger. They are getting a little lost in the leaves.

this thread is quite interesting...

The photo works. It has evoked a response
Not as you intend it too.
You are using symbolism.
Dead leaves symbolize death, decay, the end...something to be raked up and tossed.
Colorful fall leaves are more likely to evoke feelings of exciting change, but still are symbolic of approaching the end.
No matter what YOU want it to say, outside your forced intent, others will see it differently.
You used strong, basic, symbolism. Just like a skull, a flower bud, a seedling, all evoke very specific thoughts.

Evoking a response does not make it a successful image.
Evoking the intended response would.

Still incorrect sorry. I'm sure he is a guru.
Enjoy your stay.
:popcorn:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back