Landscape lens for r7

ztm91

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am new to photography and just recently purchased an r7. Is am looking for a fairly economical landscape lens. There’s several I’m considering such as the RF-16mm 2.8, the new RF-S 10-18, an EF-S 10-18, or EF 17-40mm f/4L. A used 16-35 f/4L Is potentially a stretch option.

I’m not looking to spend thousands of dollars at the current time but also would like to start out with as good as an image quality as possible.

I’d be interested to hear more experienced individuals opinions. Thanks!

well from the for what its worth department, are you taking several images and stitching them together or are you getting the landscape by cropping? I am clueless on stitching images together so I crop one shot. The photo still comes out alright for me but I don't think someone better than me would recognize it as a panoramic! If I remember right this is a 6x18 I made by cropping. Haven't even printed it.

I had a Hasselblad x-pan panoramic I gave to a nephew that's a pro and couldn't afford one at the time. he's done some really nice work with it.

well from the for what its worth department, are you taking several images and stitching them together or are you getting the landscape by cropping? I am clueless on stitching images together so I crop one shot. The photo still comes out alright for me but I don't think someone better than me would recognize it as a panoramic! If I remember right this is a 6x18 I made by cropping. Haven't even printed it.

I had a Hasselblad x-pan panoramic I gave to a nephew that's a pro and couldn't afford one at the time. he's done some really nice work with it.

I am new to photography and just recently purchased an r7. Is am looking for a fairly economical landscape lens. There’s several I’m considering such as the RF-16mm 2.8, the new RF-S 10-18, an EF-S 10-18, or EF 17-40mm f/4L. A used 16-35 f/4L Is potentially a stretch option.

I’m not looking to spend thousands of dollars at the current time but also would like to start out with as good as an image quality as possible.

I’d be interested to hear more experienced individuals opinions. Thanks!
I am not familiar with the R7, but if it takes RF lenses, I got some thoughts for you. You can shoot a landscape with any lens, its tougher with big telephotos, but shorter lenses are more common. I commonly shoot with a 50mm or 100mm that I have. I also have the RF 28-105, which is handy for wider angle shots. These are all under or around $500.

i would say some of the best lenses for that matter
Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM
Wide-angle zoom lens with a fast aperture for capturing expansive landscapes with exceptional detail. Ideal for Canon DSLR users.
Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 14-24mm f/2.8G ED
High-performance wide-angle zoom lens with superb image quality, designed for Nikon DSLR cameras.
Sony FE 16-35mm f/2.8 GM
A wide-angle zoom lens specially designed for Sony full-frame mirrorless cameras, offering exceptional clarity and sharpness.

source: best camera for landscape photography

Most reactions

New Topics

Back