More larches

Tantalus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1 Hope you enjoy my last post, here are some more larches :)
P9290194.jpg

2 looking back at the larch grove as I went up the mountain
P9290219.jpg

3 from the top of Frosty Mountain look down
P9290226-2728b.jpg

4 going down the mountain as the sun set
P9290242-43.jpg

5 it would be dark when i got back to camp
P9290254.jpg

I had enjoyed your first larch-pics before and am enjoying these just as much. Wonderful hike, by the look of things!
And the sky was just brilliant, all blue, so well offering itself as perfect backdrop for the yellow trees!
But the last one fascinates me, too, with that blue-purple-redish-pink-orange-yellow stripe in the sky!

They are very real captures. The sunset in the last one looks so enticing. You camped at the mountain top? Are you in Canada? Beautiful landscape and beautiful nature..

LaFoto said:
I had enjoyed your first larch-pics before and am enjoying these just as much. Wonderful hike, by the look of things!
And the sky was just brilliant, all blue, so well offering itself as perfect backdrop for the yellow trees!
But the last one fascinates me, too, with that blue-purple-redish-pink-orange-yellow stripe in the sky!
Thanks, LaFoto. I was lucky to be blessed with good weather for 2 days right at the peak of the larches' color.

They are very real captures. The sunset in the last one looks so enticing. You camped at the mountain top? Are you in Canada? Beautiful landscape and beautiful nature..
No, my camp is halfway up the mountain just below the larch grove. After the last picture I had to hiked back in the dark using a headlamp. And yeah I'm living in the Great White North, Vancouver, BC to be exact. Frosty Mountain is located in Manning Provincial Park about 2.5 hours' drive from Vancouver.

Love the tilt of the trees!! What a beautiful place! Very nice series.....I especially like the one from the top of Frosty Mountain looking down!!! Nice job!! : )
It was very windy up there, many trees were tilting to one side.

thanks again everyone :)

thanks finisher, glad you like :)

number 3 is just breathtaking

nice set, that looks like some rugged country. looks like you were on top of the world... tfs! :thumbup:

Nice series. I love larch trees because they hold their yellow color long after the deciduous trees loose their colorful leaves. I was in Jasper this weekend and it looked quite similar to what we see here...although I didn't climb any mountains to get the great vistas like you did.

Most reactions

Back