More Lightning!

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As Mitica100 mentioned, Phoenix had a huge line of thunderstorms move through last night. My house was just north of all the action, but I did manage to capture a few images.

Then the rain! There was a HUGE bolt that hit and blew out the background, but you can clearly see the column of rain. Some areas received 1 inch in about 20 mins.

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Wow, great pix! All I could see from my house in N Phoenix was sheet lightning -- no bolts to shoot :(

What an excellent series!

Wow, great pix! All I could see from my house in N Phoenix was sheet lightning -- no bolts to shoot :(

Thank you! The bolts were rare, but the cloud to cloud lightning was constant! The pictures do not do it justice.

Great job. and I wasn't getting any bolts either just flashes in the sky. :(

Thanks Alex! I'm glad we didn't get hit with the 80 mph winds.

What an excellent series!

Thank you Abraxas! It paid to get out of the backyard this time.

2 and 4 look really good.

Nice shots!

That was the mother of all monsoon storms. On the way to work this morning, all the traffic lights were out and I saw a house bisected by a fallen tree.

They are all good, but #4 is amazing. I actually prefer the effect and being able to see the column and cloud texture compared to the others.

WOW at numbers 2 and 4! Looking at the last one, I can tell that it rained buckets on Charlie's house, but Ken, Steve and Margo didn't see any water :)

Nice shots!

That was the mother of all monsoon storms. On the way to work this morning, all the traffic lights were out and I saw a house bisected by a fallen tree.

Thanks Fox Paw! It was a very powerful storm, glad it missed my house.

They are all good, but #4 is amazing. I actually prefer the effect and being able to see the column and cloud texture compared to the others.

Thank you. There were so many lightning flashes that I could not see the column of rain.

WOW at numbers 2 and 4! Looking at the last one, I can tell that it rained buckets on Charlie's house, but Ken, Steve and Margo didn't see any water :)

:lol: Thanks invisible!

Wow! sweet shots!
:thumbup:

Thank you Caleb!

Thanks Clee27!

Wicked nice!

Hey, have you considered cropping them down some? Cutting out a bit of the upper bound of the sky and making them more of a panorama? Might be cool. I was tempted to try it and show you but you have that evil "touch my photos and die" thing turned on so I was ascared. :)

Number 4 is my favorite, Its Amazing!,
I'd have cropped some of the sky out though...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back