More of the Bride in Black

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just love her expressions in these photos...

Wedding - Laura and Jim - 567.jpg

Not a peep? Interesting. :)

I'm not loving the black on black. Also half of the bouquet is cropped out. I think a different background would have shown off the unique dress better.

You did a very good job on separating the black from the black.

I like this ... it is different.

I just joined the forum, so I feel odd to offer critique...however, the first thing that draws my attention is her posture and shoulder angle. I think if you worked with her to sit more upright and hold her shoulders back, AND perhaps have her turn her shoulders at an angle to the camera, the shot would be a finer display of your abilities here. I'm not 100% sure about how you should position her shoulders, but for sure, her shoulders square to the camera doesn't work well for this shot. Nonetheless, very nice job with the blacks ;)

I'm not loving the black on black. Also half of the bouquet is cropped out. I think a different background would have shown off the unique dress better.

Just a matter of taste on the black/black, I suppose. I think it's pretty interesting.

You did a very good job on separating the black from the black.

I like this ... it is different.

Thanks! :)

I just joined the forum, so I feel odd to offer critique...however, the first thing that draws my attention is her posture and shoulder angle. I think if you worked with her to sit more upright and hold her shoulders back, AND perhaps have her turn her shoulders at an angle to the camera, the shot would be a finer display of your abilities here. I'm not 100% sure about how you should position her shoulders, but for sure, her shoulders square to the camera doesn't work well for this shot. Nonetheless, very nice job with the blacks ;)

YES. Good catch. I caught that, too. (in post-processing, that is...) This, however, wasn't posed at all... all of the shots in this particular set suffer from that little snag... something that I seem to recall Big Mike had mentioned on here before, which is never have women square shouldered to the camera... I never noticed the effect before, but I absolutely see it here.

That said, because it wasn't posed, I don't know that I could have necessarily avoided it. Next time, though, I'll be more mindful of it and see if I can shift a bit and get the shot before it's gone.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back