More photos with the 50mm for cc

^^^^ what he said ^^^
All shots at
Aperature mode f5.6
Shutter speed between 1/120 to 1/1250
ISO at 800 to keep shutter speed up,
Flash on #2 and 3.
What are you not getting, its what he said^^^^^^^
I will worry about reflectors and iso when I get clear focus. Is noise the issue with the focus?

I'm fairly certain you can get good crisp photo with only 1/60 or 1/80 wheen shooting that close. Plus you can underexpose it a little with slightly faster shutter if you are using fill flash.

^^^^ what he said ^^^
All shots at
Aperature mode f5.6
Flash on #2 and 3.
I will worry about reflectors and iso when I get clear focus. Is noise the issue with the focus?

I think it could be, iso artifacts are far more apparent in daylight conditions. When you say all shots do you mean the first lot with the model or the ones with your wife? As the ones with your wife are far sharper.

At the end of the day though, if you're having to bump up the iso to 800 to take images in daylight, I'd say to your model "I'm really sorry but the conditions here aren't going to give the image quality you're after due to the low light, we're going to have to find somewhere a bit brighter".

^^^^ what he said ^^^
All shots at
Aperature mode f5.6
Flash on #2 and 3.

I think it could be, iso artifacts are far more apparent in daylight conditions. When you say all shots do you mean the first lot with the model or the ones with your wife? As the ones with your wife are far sharper.

At the end of the day though, if you're having to bump up the iso to 800 to take images in daylight, I'd say to your model "I'm really sorry but the conditions here aren't going to give the image quality you're after due to the low light, we're going to have to find somewhere a bit brighter".

Last shots with wife were at 800 iso.

They're so much sharper.

madisonbranch002.jpg

is no way near as sharp as
caroltest003.jpg

I think it's time to put on the detective hat

Yeah, at this point the 18-55 seems better. I'll try a lower iso next and flash more and see where that goes and get consistant lighting.

Most reactions

Back