more pictures

sburatorul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
since no one was interested in checking my first thread for some other pictures i posted i thought to post them in a new thread. let me know what you think :)

my model (aka girlfriend)
CSC_0673-1.jpg

on the Danube bank, one of my favorite spots.
thedanube.jpg

image one is pretty good... imo the bokeh looks a little skunky but otherwise well composed...

image two imo the sun is still too high in the sky... not much to look at.... no colour.... some clipping in the tree..... if this is your favorite spot than you know you've seen it better looking than this.... so capture it...

the bokeh in the first one is what makes me wanna buy the nifty fifty even without af on my camera, i know what you mean and it sucks... but i can't do anything at the moment... or maybe some post editing-i'll try that.

about the second one, it is my fav spot but is kinda far from the city and can't always go there and when i do get there i try to work with what i have but i'll try to do better next time. thanks for the comments.

q: what does "imo" mean?
q: i see we have the same camera body and you have the 50mm, how does it feel to always have to manually focus? i mean does it make you not wanna use it? i know this is subjective but i was just curios.

Last edited:
q: i see we have the same camera body and you have the 50mm, how does it feel to always have to manually focus? i mean does it make you not wanna use it? i know this is subjective but i was just curios.

not at all...... i use the fifty quite a bit.... as you can see I only have one lens that actually autofocus's.... the d60 has a focus rangefinder and confirm light..... I wouldn't use it to shoot pigeons in flight or anything but for any time of portraiture or landscape no problem at all... expect a lot of failures while learning to use it.... it takes some practise when used at open apertures because of the shallow depth of field.... the lens is great for honing numerous photographic skills and dirt cheap at $125.00... you should grab one.....

Your girlfriend is impishly cute and very photogenic. Love the expression on her face and the light off her hair. Very nice.

I think part of the problem on that first shot is just that the background really isn't very attractive ... even if you had blurred the snot out of it, it might still be somewhat distracting.

I think you had posted another pic of her with something more pleasant in the background... ocean or something?

Anyway, still nice shot.

From a composition standpoint, I like the second shot a lot, but I think the total darkness of the trees doesn't quite work... same points as dearleader... might make a neat shot at the opposite end of the day, though obviously you'd lose the sun effect there. BTW, I think your horizon may be off angle by a touch.

I think they both have promise. As stated above the background is a little distracting. And, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but opening the aperture (and adjusting shutter accordingly) would have made the bokeh more pleasing. I've got the same camera/lens combo and that works for me.

On the second shot, although the lighting is hosed, I personally like the angle of the sun. I think it could have worked if the sun was behind that cloud and you had ND filter.

@ clarbin: thanks for clearing that out for me :)
@ dearleader: i just ordered it and it should be in my possession in about 2 days
@manaheim: thanks for the comments and i will try to shoot there in the morning and i'll post the results ;)
@crazydad: thanks for the comments. sadly my lens doesn't allow a wider apperture at 55mm :( of course i could have gotten closer to shoot with lets say 24mm but i still get the same results in bokeh :(
@ swmocity: thanks dude

thank you all and be sure to come back here... i'll post some more soon i hope :) cause this is the only way i can see if i make any progress

Most reactions

New Topics

Back