More strangers (Part 1 of 2)

DReali

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Some new pics from my recent trip to Vienna, let me know what you think. (I will be moving there in January, I love the city AND I've been offered a job as a photographer for an international newspaper there! Hurrah!!!)

IMG_3202.jpg

(A holocaust survivor. I spoke to him after taking this shot as I was intrigued by the patch on his coat. A truly fascinating and wise character.)

IMG_3195.jpg

IMG_3192.jpg

IMG_3171.jpg

Can you believe it? I actually got a couple smiles/smirks!

Did you ask them if you could take their photo? just curious...

Some of them are really good, thanks for sharing!

Did you ask them if you could take their photo? just curious...

Some of them are really good, thanks for sharing!

Thanks DScience, this may sound arrogant but I never ask. Asking people if you can take their picture usually results in strange smiles, poses, and the aswer "No". If anyone has a problem with it I always offer to send them a print or digital copy, if that doesnt suffice I offer to erase the picture....it seems to work. Shoot first, ask questions later!

Last edited:
Good idea! I like the thought of offering them a print or digital copy. However I have gotten some good responses from asking people. All of the ones i've taken I asked first, but I like the idea of the spontaneity of your methods. :thumbup:

How can a photo be candid if you ask....LOL! Shoot and ask later if you intend to use for commercial use.

I just saw part 2 so i went looking for part 1(not far away lol)

i love all these. 1 is awsome. those glasses are great. and its cool to meet people and hear the interesting stories.

awsome

i think they are great shots, im not a fan of the way you processed them though.

How can a photo be candid if you ask....LOL! Shoot and ask later if you intend to use for commercial use.

Who said anything about candid?

Street photography doesn't always imply candid.

They are just amazing, Wow !!

Good shots. What are you shooting with. The contrast is great.
I agree shoot first then ask.
I like the complete look of the series.

Great pictures!! I really love them.
I tried taking pictures of strangers in the street for the first time last week. I really felt awkward :blushing:
I guess it's something to get used to.

Good luck with the new job!!

I just saw part 2 so i went looking for part 1(not far away lol)

i love all these. 1 is awsome. those glasses are great. and its cool to meet people and hear the interesting stories.

awsome
Thanks gian133
i think they are great shots, im not a fan of the way you processed them though.
Thanks Mitch1640, could you be a more specific?
nice photographs.
but more importantly; congrats on your job at the paper!

They are just amazing, Wow !!

very nice
Thanks everyone!
Good shots. What are you shooting with. The contrast is great.
I agree shoot first then ask.
I like the complete look of the series.
Thanks Sachphotography, I use a canon 50d and 50mm 1.4 prime(predominantley) and natural light.
Great pictures!! I really love them.
I tried taking pictures of strangers in the street for the first time last week. I really felt awkward :blushing:
I guess it's something to get used to.

Good luck with the new job!!
Thanks Maajkel, maybe it does take getting used to for some but i fell in love with it right away...i did feel awkward/strange/intrussive but it was fun.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back