More Winter Barns

Woodsman

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I do not know why I was out there in -16C (-25C with wind chill) temps early this morning taking pictures and freezing my fingers but I was. I must be on a barn kick the last few days

20140216 Another Winter Barn by Woody Woodsman, on Flickr

When I was a kid I saw this barn burn down to the stone foundation. This was before the township had a fire department or telephones. All the local farmers could do was form a bucket brigade to stop the fire from spreading. I remember how fast it was rebuilt by neighbor helping neighbor.

20140216 Yet Another Winter Barn by Woody Woodsman, on Flickr

Nice shots. No matter what condition a barn is in, they're always very photogenic.

:thumbup: Nice shots

Nice shots. No matter what condition a barn is in, they're always very photogenic.

Ditto!

I have quite a collection of barn shots but of the derelict type. Here is one I shot on a cold windy day in December.

$PC310001-sm.jpg

Ditto!

I have quite a collection of barn shots but of the derelict type. Here is one I shot on a cold windy day in December.

View attachment 66838

I love the old barns too. So many have been torn down for the wood. I got a few shots back in film days of old barns that I knew would be scavanged for the barn board back when barn board was all the rage for bars. All are now gone.

Most reactions

Back