What's new

Morning and evening

  • Thread Starter Thread Starter msteinblock
  • Start date Start date
M

msteinblock

Guest
I have visited and followed this forum for some time and have held off posting photos, I guess afraid of the criticism I will get. I am tired of hearing friends and family telling me how good my photos are, I want to see if they really are ok. Give it to me, feedback is appreciated.

1. Going to work at sunrise. The fog was really thick, the sun made an interesting glow. Very little editing was done here, this really is what is looked like.
IMG_2257.jpg


2. Sunset with interesting clouds.
IMG_0968.jpg
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The sunset picture is fantastic. But since I just took up photography this past Sept you may want to get a few other opinions.
 
Both are really nice images!
Only thing I'll say is that in #2, I think there's a bit too much black empty foreground. Cropping it would make it nicer in my opinion. :)

$IMG_0968.webp
 
The colors on that sunset are simply amazing. Thanks for sharing
 
1) The sunrise is just great. I like the composition with the sun on the right, lower third and the building on the left, lower third.

2) Nice image, but I agree with the comment about there being too much dark foreground. This is the kind of situation that calls for an HDR approach, or a graduated Neutral density filter. Both approaches would give some detail in the foreground so that it is not just a big black area with no detail. I agree with you that the clouds are interesting - sort of like fair-weather cumulus that have been torn apart a bit.
____________________
WesternGuy
 
The sunset actually has railroad tracks in the foreground reflecting but they are hard to see. I
Will work in that some more.
 
Not a big fan of sunrise/sunset images, but the first is pretty good. The barn and the sun set into the curve of the trees anchor the image well.
 
Both are really nice images!
Only thing I'll say is that in #2, I think there's a bit too much black empty foreground. Cropping it would make it nicer in my opinion. :)

View attachment 6568

Take this man's advice. The crop looks so much more dramatic.
 
Both are really nice images!
Only thing I'll say is that in #2, I think there's a bit too much black empty foreground. Cropping it would make it nicer in my opinion. :)

View attachment 6568

Take this man's advice. The crop looks so much more dramatic.

Thanks! I was trying to go with the rule of thirds, two thirds sky. I do like that crop....will do some more editing tonight. :) Thanks again!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom