Morning Feeding Time - Fish and Frogs C&C Welcome

CMfromIL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Fed the Koi this morning. They were pretty active, and circling like sharks until I tossed in the food. I think I need to invest in a polorizing filter. Thoughts? I'm having some difficulty getting good focus on the fish, particularly if they are just under the surface of the water.

FeedingTime1.jpg

FeedingTime2.jpg

FeedingTime3.jpg

4. The whole time this frog was warily watching me as the fish swam around him.

FrogForShow.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Picture #1 is just a little to busy as my eye wanders all over. As you alluded to, there is a focus issue, yet the Koi on the very left seems to be in focus, yet the Koi next to it isn't. I've had similar issues trying to capture the Koi at a local public pond. Could it be the reflection from the water confusing the auto focus?

Out of the whole set, I really like the frog picture the best. The eyes are perfectly in focus, but the nose isn't. Maybe you need to increase the DOF some.

Last edited:
I agree on the frog. I was at a f/8 but went to f/2.8 as the lighting was bad. And I could adjust the DOF w/out moving the camera too much. I was about 4' from him, so had to be careful moving too much.

I think next time I'll up the ISO and have the DOF adjusted to get everything on the frogs face in focus.

Fortunatly the pond is only about 10 steps from my back door. :lmao:

I echo Joel's thoughts. Love the frog! A bit more DOF would be nice but it is a good shot :)
Looking forward to more of the fish!

Most reactions

Back