morning reflection/sunrise c&c

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

Haven't been on the forum very much at all this year ... been stuck with school and MCAT studying. Luckily, I was able to head out for a weekend trip to Mount Baker/Artist Point and just got back yesterday ... I spent a little bit of time this morning editing the first photo. Wondering for some thoughts ... this was taken at sunrise (the sun comes over the mountain in like another 30 seconds ... it was brilliant to watch). I originally planned to try to get the sun in the pic and make it like a starburst, but that didn't work out too well, haha. I basically got blinded and the photo with the sun in it didn't turn out sunbursty, even though I thought using f20 or something would help. This was my first ever sunrise shot, so ... any tips for next time to get a sunburst effect?

Anyways, I was hoping for some feedback on the edits. I did some dodging and burning and basic sharpening/contrast adjustments. I'm never too sure of how my edits turn out. It's quite a blueish picture, but that definitely represents what I saw as well.

other than that ... comments and c&c appreciated!
mt baker reflection by .Jeffrey L., on Flickr

Nice; it looks like it might be slightly off-level, but that's easily corrected. Did you consider shooting multiple exposures to help alleviate the blown area in the sky?

Nice; it looks like it might be slightly off-level, but that's easily corrected. Did you consider shooting multiple exposures to help alleviate the blown area in the sky?
Thanks for the feedback ... here's the fixed alignment (?). I'm a tiny bit worried about the bottom, now .. it's a super close crop now after that alignment fix.

Actually, this is already a blended multiple exposure shot. I kind of wanted to get the sun in the corner as it went up, but I guess the exposure difference was too much. That blown out spot is basically where the sun would have been in another 30 seconds. Was it possible to not get it blown out in that case? Is the blown out part distracting?

alignment fix by .Jeffrey L., on Flickr

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back