Morning Visitor

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Was on the door when I opened it. Almost fell on me. Not sure how that would have worked out...

49822488657_f15ab4c5d2_b.jpg

Yikes! Nice shot. I don't know which species that is and they're usually not dangerous but still, be careful. You never know. I pulled this off the web .... from what appears to be a legit source, lol!

"They may look terrifying, with their curly tails and ominous pincers, but most South American scorpions can inflict no more of an injury than your average wasp or bee sting. Except that is for one or two, which can cause severe reactions, including high fever. Colombia has two potentially deadly scorpions – Centruroides noxius and c.suffusus. Scorpions are usually only active at night, so if you are sleeping in the wilderness, it’s worth giving your clothes a good shake in the morning."
Colombia’s Famously Fearsome Animals | Colombia Country Brand

Great shot! Not really something I would want landing on my head.

Thank you K9Kirk. Good to know.

A friend of my brother in law was stung two or three times in a day by different scorpions without serious ill effects near Cali - so it is not all bad.
If you join this facebook group
Aracnólogos de Colombia

Then you can get an id, they are very good.

Nice shot of a horrible looking creature......

Thanks Dave. I did get it identified. It is a male Chactas vanbenedenii. It appears to be endemic.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back