Moscow Domodedovo Airport - Ramp Access

TIM9G

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.9g-photography.fotopic.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, whilst visiting the Russian capitol, I was given permission to do some photography on the operational ramps and taxiways of this busy airport.

ylf0gs.jpg

ylf0eo.jpg

ylfwh0.jpg

ylf0do.jpg

ylf0en.jpg

ylfwhw.jpg

Plenty more images at www.9g-photography.fotopic.net

thats it just rub it in
and just out of interest, what the hell is number 3?

Number 3 ay! That is an Illusion IL-76 cargo plane. The RuAF equivalent of the C-17. It was huge, shame it was so far away from me as I would have wanted a sharper image. For a military man, I really enjoyed myself among the civil life :thumbup:

Tim

Ah a military man. I've only been in the "junior" version of the Norwegian army which basicly involves forrest survival and things like that, but there's nothing like a good military exercise for getting interesting photographs. I'll be doing my national service in just over a year and I hope to get a few photos of the experience. Apparently they don't mind poeple taking a digital compact as long as it doesn't get in the way and isn't used in the middle of an exercise or anything like that.

Incidently, how on earth did you manage to get permission for that???

Thnaks, the thing I liked about this airport was that it had cargo planes that are owned or operated by the military. As well as the IL-76 and the An-24, my favourite sight was this very rare Algerian Hercules! ......:thumbup:
ylf0dt.jpg

more images at ...... www.9g-photography.fotopic.net

Tim

I've flown Aeroflot a couple of times and haven't enjoyed the experience. The insides of their planes were under-maintained and I could only hope that they saved there efforts for the mechanical stuff.

Yeah, number 3 was big!
I know exactly what you mean about 'aeroflop' They are awful. I remember when our plane landed in Anapa airport the passengers all clapped as it is custom to applaud the arrival over there.....but I was clapping simply because the ordeal was finally over and I was ALIVE! :confused:

Tim

PS....I friend told me he was flying in a chartered flight accross Siberia. At night time he went to see the pilots to find them BOTH fast asleep at the controls.....good old Russia.:er:

Yeah, number 3 was big!
I know exactly what you mean about 'aeroflop' They are awful. I remember when our plane landed in Anapa airport the passengers all clapped as it is custom to applaud the arrival over there.....but I was clapping simply because the ordeal was finally over and I was ALIVE! :confused:

Tim

PS....I friend told me he was flying in a chartered flight accross Siberia. At night time he went to see the pilots to find them BOTH fast asleep at the controls.....good old Russia.:er:

still not as bad as Reading Buses :lol:

Aeroflot always gives me pain in my knees ...
.. but so does flybe as well :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back