Most expensive photographer

shaunx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Andreas gursky is a German photographer known for the highly textured feel of his enormous photographs often using a high point of view.
Gursky received a strong influence from his teachers,Hilla and bernd betcher, who are known for their distinctive method of systematically cataloging industrial machinery. This method is similarly found in Gursky's methodical approach to his photography.
Before the mid 1990s, Gursky did not digitally manipulate his images. Today, however Gursky uses computers to edit his pictures and creates art in a larger space than the subject photographed. As of February 2007, Gursky holds the record for the highest price paid for a photograph for his work 99 Cent II Diptychon which sold for GBP 1.7 million (USD 3.3 million) at Sothebys London
Gursky's photograph of the Dance Valley festival near Amsterdam in 1995, depicts revellers facing a DJ stand in a large arena, with strobe lighting effects. The smoke pouring out looks like a hand holding the crowd in stasis. After producing that photo, Gursky has said that the only music he listens to is Techno music because its simple symmetry echos his own work while playing to a deeper more visceral emotion
:lmao::lmao:

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, with shaunx's posts we all wonder ... about each and every one of them! Believe me, I have a keen eye on them (and waiting for his reply to my PM). Meanwhile ... oh well. Do whatever ...

... perhaps leave them alone?

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
"OMG I FOUND THE INTERNET...IT CAN CUT AND PASTE!? WOWEEEEE."

...sorry i'll stop.

LaFoto

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Enjoy the other examples of his (sole) knowledge of how to use the internet for information, but ... shhhhhhh. Never say a THING, ok???

I

Iron Flatline

Wow. I thought the internet was only about recipes. I didn't realize it was also handy for research.

RKW3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Lol I think we should just ban shaun already, he doesn't seem like a positive part of the TPF community.
happy0194.gif

LaFoto

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
Why ban someone who has never returned after his Day Of Fame? :scratch:

And he makes you :biglaugh: ... and isn't that something positive!?!?!

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
i like shaun (the sheep)

LaFoto

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do, too! We even have a soft 3-D play Shawn (I would spell his name like this, for in "A Close Shave" he got shawn quite thoroughly!!! ;)) in the house somewhere :D Baaaaaah!

Most reactions

New Topics