Most interesting subject of 2019

davholla

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A bit of a risk me starting this 2 days before the end of the year - but I doubt I will find anything amazing tomorrow (although I did photograph bumblebees today).
This is my most interesting subject - not the best photo of 2019.
What is yours?
It is Gymnosoma rotundatum, the reason why it is interesting is because according to
Species Accounts « >Tachinid Recording Scheme.

It had only once been seen in Kent before this year - sadly I didn't see any paratised shield bugs, I saw it on allotments - hopefully the habitat is good for it. I only saw it once - obviously next year I will keep an eye out for it.

FlyIMG_0685 by davholla2002, on Flickr

FlyIMG_0676 by davholla2002, on Flickr

Cute little bugger.

Nice shots,
My most interesting subject for 2019 was my 72 inch long panorama
Something I have been working up to for 5he last few years, learning from my mistakes and working around the limits of PSE 9,,, it’s will not merg 20 images and gets flakey when the file size gets up near the 2GB mark.
But it’s done, and the result ... well I am more than happy

My most interesting subject was this forum ... I learned so much..my most interesting photo subject... (I really wish I would see this one again]...was these guys who suddenly appeared out of no where and disappeared after I took his photo.. I always need more butterflies
best 076-001.jpg

Last edited:
Nice set and a rarity. It's a rarity for me to catch an insect munching on another but with this pic I also felt this assassin bug was looking up at me, which felt a little weird, when I snapped the shot. (Not the best pic, I know) He then lowered his head and went about his business.

00000081 (3)pp.jpg

00000090 (2)pp.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back