480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, sounds like I got railroaded into doing it. :aufsmaul: So this is going to be the Totally Unofficial TPF 2019 Secret Santa thread.

If you're not familiar with it, it's a simple 'Secret Santa' photo gift exchange. Participation is not mandatory.... it's totally a volunteer thing. It's up to you to decide. And I'm not sure how long we've been doing it, but I know it goes back 4 or 5 years.

All who participate will be given contact information of the recipient of their Secret Santa photo. It will be up to you whether you want to ship a physical print of one of your images (size, subject, frame, matte etc is up to you), email a digital file, mail a gift card to a web photo printing site,.... whatever you decide to send to the recipient. But the recipient won't know who you are until they receive the package or email.

So if you're wanting to participate, just PM me the following information:

TPF Username
Your real name
Your mailing address
Your email address.

After the deadline, a member here will be given your information and will send you an image, just like you're sending someone else one of yours. I will not keep anyone's info after the close of the project..... I know how some folks are leery about sending strangers their personal information.

So if you're interested in participating, please PM me your info as listed above. Hopefully, all who say they're willing to participate will follow through and get their image sent to the recipients. Those who fail to do so will suddenly find their favorite lens filled with fungus. :azzangel:

Deadline to submit your info for participation is December 10th. This will provide enough time to get your images shipped and delivered in time for Christmas. If you plan on sending a print, please have it printed up before the deadline so it will be ready to ship.

And remember.... once everyone gets their image, be sure to post it on the forum as well. We'd love to see what your Secret Santa gave you!

Well, the results are in.

Total number of TPF members participating: 0.

I hadn’t seen this... I would have joined.

This went over like a lead balloon. In the last secret santa program that I partook of, the other member failed to send me an image, and so this year I was unwilling to bother with it.

Oh, here it is!! I hadn't seen it again and couldn't find it...

So what about if we extend the deadline over the weekend, maybe til Monday? Tuesday? Would that give people enough time to send something to their recipient? I would think so.

Maybe some of us regulars would still want to participate, make sure we bump it every day til the deadline so people see it.

I'll pass this go-around - seem to have been stood up last time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back