Mother and Daughter

Tuffythepug

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Please don't feel compelled to critique the focus, composition, exposure, etc. I know these are not particularly good shots and I'm not posting them here to show them off. I just ran across some old neg's and found the one on the left which was taken 35 years before the one on the right. My wife and daughter in similar surroundings and poses 3 1/2 decades apart. The image on the left was one of the first shots that I developed and printed as I was beginning to learn to process black and white film. The one on the right was shot a few years ago with one of my first digital cameras.

I just thought it was interesting to see the two side by side. My daughter is expecting her first child next month so I might have to stage another shot with 3 generations in a similar pos sometime

Motheranddaughter.jpg

This is so cool! You need to frame these together!!

Any chance of getting back to the exact same location as the first one? LOVE the concept. :thumbup:

Cool, frame it!!!!

Any chance of getting back to the exact same location as the first one? LOVE the concept. :thumbup:

Yes, it's possible ! And a good idea. We no longer live in that city. It's about a 3 hr drive to get there. But it's right on the way to the scene of the 2nd shot which is the farm where my wife grew up. My mother-in-law still lives there so we visit every few months. Now that I think about it, it might be good shot to get my mother-in-law, wife, daughter and grandchild all together in a similar scenario. Of course that would be a couple of years off; gotta wait til the little guy can walk !

Most reactions

New Topics

Back