Mother & Daughter C&C

Paul M

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
After my Mother-In-Law passed away, my wife and daughter got the same memorial tattoo. I tried to compose something different here in order to show off the ink and the "mother & daughter" bond. I am open for any c&c as this is something I want to frame and I am not sure if I should set up another shoot. Please, consider compostion, framing, exposure, and the like. Thanks in advance.

EXIF DATA LINK
Camera: Nikon D80
Lens: Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS
Exposure: 0.006 sec (1/160)
Aperture: f/6
Focal Length: 116 mm
ISO Speed: 250
Exposure Bias: 2/3 EV

Composition is not really good for what you're going for. I'd say tighter crop on the tattoos to show more of the detail. The daughter is slouched a bit.

Composition is not really good for what you're going for. I'd say tighter crop on the tattoos to show more of the detail. The daughter is slouched a bit.

Thanks for the quick reply. I am going to try to edit this to "fix it", and I have another shot of them standing, but if you can look at this copy and tell me if the crop is better (leaving some imagination for the cropped out parts) I would greatly appreciate it.

The biggest issue I find is that they are both slouched and there's not enough contrast.

Thanks for the feedback. I see the consensus is their posture or lack thereof as the foremost problem with this picture. I will have to wait for my daughter to come over again when she gets a break from school in order to try to set up the shot again. I appreciate the time you all took to advise of "problem areas" that need to be addressed in order to get this one right. I can only do so much in PP and I think it's time to let this one go until a new capture can be arranged. Thanks again and I will revisit it once I address the posted issues. :guilty: :sad anim: :oops:

Most reactions

Back