Motion Blur question

Kstrong

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all, I know how to do motion blur shots. I just have a question about motion blur.

I have this picture, and a few more and I am just wondering how come only half of it is blurred, but the other half is crisp? I just don't get how some parts come out blurred while some don't, I use a slower shutter, and I'm panning the camera, so in theory (my theory's never usually work) shouldn't all of the picture be blurred (except for the biker)?

If someone could just explain to me how this happens, I would be very happy, as this has been bothering me for a while now.

2580863815_9372db3dc3.jpg

ps. I have no idea if this is the right spot for this thread or not, but if it isn't could a mod move it to the right spot? Thanks.

Did you use flash?

Flash will freeze whatever it hits, the biker and ground closer to you.
while the threes further away didnt get flashed, so they will only get the light from the long shutter, casusing the blur.

Ok, thanks. I thought it might have something to do with the flash.

Just to expand on this topic, You can also get a neutral density filter, so you can get some nice daytime motion blur shots a well.

Also, just to chime in... I think the picture still works and looks really good (though the bike is cut-off).

Most reactions

Back