Motion blur

rokstomper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got bored tonight so I dug up an old pic of a dirt bike racer and tried to make it look like I was panning to show a since of motion. Even though I did not succeed (it looks terrible) here is what I came up with. I like the original myself besides being slightly out of fucus(dang cheap slow lenses).

original
$2.jpg

My horrible result
$3.jpg

If you have the time it would be cool to see what you can come up with for motion blur. I would like to see if anybody can actually make it look real.

I would have chosen a shot that would be more conducive to the concept. The subject in the shot wouldn't have much lateral motion in a spatial relation to the camera.

Do it for real, in camera! There is enough fake stuff out there already...

My version...

I would have chosen a shot that would be more conducive to the concept. The subject in the shot wouldn't have much lateral motion in a spatial relation to the camera.

agreed, try a shot where there rider would be moving across the screen and not coming towards you.

I'm doing it wrong:

DSC_8643.jpg

:p

That is what I was thinking after posting. thanks for the advice.

Do it for real, in camera! There is enough fake stuff out there already...
Yes I totally agree there is way to much fake stuff already, and I hate not knowing if something was done in post or in camera. There is no way I would actually do this for all of my boring action stopped shots, that would be way to much work when I could just take fractions of a second in camera.

Most reactions

Back