Motorsport: British F3, GT, BELCAR & Support @ Donington

Az_GTi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ae-photography.co.uk
Got back late last night from a weekend up at Donington Park - British F3, British GT, BELCAR & Support. Very tiring but enjoyable nonetheless. Even though I was signed on I still found the circuit challenging. Quite often a long way from the action and "dodgy" backgrounds are sometimes hard to avoid... also the sun (when it was out) always seemed to be in the wrong place if you know what I mean. Anyway enough moaning...

Here's a few compressed "forum friendly sized" photos...

#1 Ouch! Nasty accident approaching Old Hairpin. Somehow the car was rebuilt overnight and made ready for racing on Sunday...
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_210407_AE_1693_Small.jpg

#2 Formula Fords always guarantee some action...
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_220407_AE_2301_Small.jpg

#3 Lights on...
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_220407_AE_5411_Small.jpg

#4 Very nice...
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_220407_AE_5668_Small.jpg

#5 Ahh the Gridgirlies 1...
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_220407_AE_5424_Small.jpg

#6 Ahh the Gridgirlies 2...
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_220407_AE_5427_Small.jpg

#7 The VW Cup was also supporting, good two-wheel action here from the Beetle - actually outdid the Caddy... wohoo!
F3-GT_and_Support_Donington_Park_220407_AE_6331_Small.jpg

Some British GT & Heritage GT photos will follow once I have gone through them. I will perhaps post a few here.

If you would like you can view more and larger versions here - http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/210407.html & http://www.ae-photography.co.uk/220407.html (be patient, may take a few seconds to load). More images will be added over the next few days!

Comments welcome as always. Cheers

Good stuff, I look forward to the GT pics :)

far too many wheels for my liking ;-)

but nice shots though

The downside of a full weekend is that there is quite a few shots to sift through :meh: Still, better than paying and waiting for film to be developed :p

Awsome shots!!

i was there aswell!!!!!:D

it was a good day and the van in the vw race was hilarious!
my pics are no where near as good. but i might put one on in a nother thread.

is this you??

100_2837.jpg

Hey... :) Nope that's not me ;)

Good to hear someone else was there, post some of your photos in this thread if you like - I don't mind a thread hijack :p
To be fair Donington really isn't ideal for photography, so if you got anything you're pleased with then you're doing well :)

I've seen the Caddy van many time before, he's always good fun! Here's one of my favourite photos from last year at Thruxton:

F3_and_Support_Thruxton_300906_AE_0517_Small.jpg

Great action shots! That looks like an awesome event. What equipment were you using?

I was trying to get some comps from work for that, but I've been sick as a dog since before the weekend so couldn't have used them anyways if I'd have got them.

How do you get trackside at these events?

I've shot from some pretty questionable places at a racetrack but even I don't think I'd perch where that photog in dispic1's post is, especially squatted down so it'd be pretty difficult to get up and get out of there if something started heading in my direction.

Nah, I take that back. I'd shoot from pretty much anywhere until someone told me I couldn't.

Most reactions

Back