MOTW - morydd

8" floppy disk...nice...I have one too. It's good for pranks :p

Oh, a question...How'd you get MOTW already with such a measly post count, and why aren't you spamming more? :p :lol:

your shoes make me wonder what you do for a living. They look well worn but comfy!
Oh, a question...How'd you get MOTW already with such a measly post count, and why aren't you spamming more?
I'm a theater lighting technician. I pretty much live in those boots.
I'm sticking with the conspiricy theory. Someone on this board got together with my wife and the mods on the other forum I'm on and decided to ambush me. It's all to make me suffer.

Since you say you like to travel so much, will you consider coming over to the BIGGEST, LONGEST, MOST INTERNATIONAL TPF MEET-UP there's ever been in North Germany in May 2008??? Seriously now?

And take a photo of a detail in your kitchen.
And of the front door of your house :D.
And of the trees nearest to your house.

Just wanted to congratulate you for your literary taste in your choice of signature. I thought no one read Dylan Thomas anymore. "In My Craft or Sullen Art" is one of my favorite short poems of his. So that means you work for "the lovers, their arms round the griefs of the ages."

Thanks! Dylan Thomas is fantastic, and that poem seems to sum up why I do what I do. I've actually been to his home in Wales. Unfortunately, my camera bag, with the 14 rolls of film I shot while in the UK got stolen at the airport on the way home.

I'm in a questioning mode. How do you pronounce your name? Is it Moryth (dd in Welsh is "th") or am I way off? If you won the lottery, what would be the very first thing you would do? Hmm, as a theater lighting technician I'm guessing you must have seen a lot of plays. Got a favourite? And a least favourite? Is that you in your user pic? If so, what is that on your head (and please don't say "hat")?

Ok, I'll stop for now...

mad_malteaser said:
I'm in a questioning mode. How do you pronounce your name? Is it Moryth (dd in Welsh is "th") or am I way off? If you won the lottery, what would be the very first thing you would do? Hmm, as a theater lighting technician I'm guessing you must have seen a lot of plays. Got a favourite? And a least favourite? Is that you in your user pic? If so, what is that on your head (and please don't say "hat")?
Very good on the pronunciation. The R is slightly rolled and the "dd" is more of a "faith" type th than a "there". (At least that's how I pronounce it, as a non-welsh speaker.)
If I won the lottery, (well really the first things I'd do are tell my wife and find a lawyer.) I'd quit my job. I like what I do, just not where I do it.
I have seen quite a few plays, and far too many musicals. The best one I've ever seen was "Front" by Robert Caisley. He was a professor at my college who had come from England. The show was about life in London during the Battle of Britain. I saw it several times, and never once made it through dry-eyed. As for the least favorite. That would be Brigadoon. I ran follow-spot for a production of it that ran for 81 performances and if I never see it again, that'll be just fine with me. (Keep in mind the show I'm running now I've run over 800 performances of, and I still don't dislike it as much as Brigadoon.)
Yes, that's me in my user pic. Here's the original: http://www.morydd.net/photos/party_/martini_party/m_party03.jpg
And it is, in fact a hat. It was a natural cotton cap. I'm not sure what the style is called, but it's the kind that's fairly flat and the top comes over the brim. I've since lost the hat. (I suspect, as it was getting pretty nasty, my wife may have disposed of it.)

Ok, I'll stop for now...
If I didn't want questions, I wouldn't have volunteered. :lol:

Sorry I haven't gotten the other pics requested up. I haven't forgotten. I just decided to repartiton one of my hard drives on my main computer and what should've been a 3 hour project took me 3 days. Oops. I'll get them up before my week is over.

Favourite drink? (Alcoholic and non-alcoholic)
Type of music you listen to?

morydd said:
[...] As for the least favorite. That would be Brigadoon. I ran follow-spot for a production of it that ran for 81 performances and if I never see it again, that'll be just fine with me. (Keep in mind the show I'm running now I've run over 800 performances of, and I still don't dislike it as much as Brigadoon.) [...]

I guess that may mean that you can't look at "the heather on the hill" anymore w/o it reminding you of that song from the offending play. I agree: the movie version with Van Johnson and Gene Kelly was one of the worst musicals ever commited to film. Sorry about that experience in which you lost the 14 bags of film after your visit to Dylan Thomas's home. I sure hope there was no valuable camera in that stolen bag!

Luckily, living in Chicago, there is very little "heather on the hill" to remind me. Unfortunately, while probably not a valuable camera, the Olympus I had then (which was actually my father's) was a good one. I didn't get another SLR until several years later.

Most reactions

Back