Mountain Dreaming

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Cleaning files, and found this one I did a couple years ago. Thought it was appropriate as we have really been wanting to go but haven't been able to. I was curious to see if I could improve the editing, based on what I've learned over the last couple years. A little background on the shot. This was shot through a full glass storm door with the subject on a stool close to the glass. Outside high and just out of view to the left was a gridded 36" softbox. I had to play with the distance of the subject to the glass a little to get her exposed and everything behind her dark. One thing I learned early, is clean the glass, then clean it again, and mixing a little glycerine with the water, slowed the water down. The reflection of the mountains was added post. C&C always appreciated.

no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
I don't know, I thought something looked off, I think the subject seems a little cramped in that side of the photo, then the perspective doesn't seem right. Shouldn't the mountains be in front of her not to her right? Seems like she'd have to be positioned differently to be looking at those mountains out the window.

I don't know, I thought something looked off, I think the subject seems a little cramped in that side of the photo, then the perspective doesn't seem right. Shouldn't the mountains be in front of her not to her right? Seems like she'd have to be positioned differently to be looking at those mountains out the window.

The original was not cropped quite as close, but I liked the more intimate feeling on the tighter crop. Reflections are a PITA, something that seems simple when they occur naturally, becomes complicated, when you are adding them post. Apparently I got carried away with the masking on the face, and didn't even realize it. This was an edit that didn't make the first cut, so I may need to go back and look at the others.

Most reactions

Back